OT - but not totally. About my health.

Old January 25th 11, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default OT - but not totally. About my health.

Rita, I am so, so, so very sorry to read this message- my heart sank as I
read further and further onto it. You are an amazing woman and a beloved
member of rctq. You have handled all your 'challenges' with such grace,
determination, courage, a positive attitude and good spirits. You are a
shining example to everybody. I wish you peace and contentment in the
coming months. Of course, you can always come to us here for support,
prayers, hugs and love. Every one of us has plenty of those for you and
always will.

Leslie

"Rita L. in MA" wrote in message

Good Morning,

I'm having a tough time trying to decide what to say here. The past
couple of months have been very difficult for me. My chemo treatments
stopped working, just as I was about to sign up for a clinical trial of
a new drug a CT scan showed that I had a large pleural effusion (google
knows lots about this) that had collapsed my left lung and required
draining. Four attempts at draining over two days only dealt with about
20% of the effusion but it was two days until Christmas and they let me
go home. I was fine for a few days but was then readmitted to the
hospital to try surgery on this. That was about six days in Critical
Care.

We did try a new chemo drug in the past few weeks. It robbed me of all
of my white blood cells and so I have spent the last 8 days in the
hospital where nobody was allowed to breath anywhere near me. I am back
home again and feeling better but will be signed up with Hospice later
today. I do have the option of trying the chemo again but am currently
not in favor of that.

My cancer is getting worse, I am declining treatment and so am eligible
for Hospice services. Of course nobody can predict how much longer I
have but the word "months" has been used a few times and I am hopeful
that I have a couple.

All of this because I wanted to tell you all how much I have enjoyed
RCTQ over the years and have loved having this community of friends to
turn to when I needed a lift or just wanted to peek into somebody else's
life for a while :-) And then there is that awesome HUGG that you made
for me. Thank you all for being there for me. I will continue to "use
you" if that is O.K.

Rita

P.S. If anybody is in touch with Pat in VA, could you share this with
her? We had a couple of very nice meet ups in the past when my husband
and I were in VA. and I want to let her know how much I enjoyed that.
--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)

Old January 25th 11, 09:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
ME-Judy[_2_]

Rita, I think Leslie has said it best. Words fail me right now.
Remember you're in all our prayers and gentle HUGS.
ME-Judy

Old January 25th 11, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

You continue to be in my prayers.
Barbara in FL

Old January 25th 11, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
AllisonH

wrote:
Rita, I am so, so, so very sorry to read this message- my heart sank as I
read further and further onto it. You are an amazing woman and a beloved
member of rctq. You have handled all your 'challenges' with such grace,
determination, courage, a positive attitude and good spirits. You are a
shining example to everybody. I wish you peace and contentment in the
coming months. Of course, you can always come to us here for support,
prayers, hugs and love. Every one of us has plenty of those for you and
always will.

Leslie

Others are saying it better than I can. So I will just add my HUGS.

Allison
Old January 25th 11, 11:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Well - it made you smile!
..
In message , Rita L. in MA
writes
Pat S wrote:

I hope you do pop in and tell us how you're going - or else!

LOL! Now that is low. Threatening the sick lady, hmmppfff!

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old January 25th 11, 11:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Oh Rita. Words fail me. You are an inspiration to us all. We all
stand beside you in spirit and in love.

-Irene

Old January 25th 11, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate in MI

I have no words... only tears.

Hugs and prayers......

--
Kate in MI

Old January 25th 11, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Rita

My prayers are with you..................

--
Rita
http://ritasquilts.com

Old January 25th 11, 11:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL

Comfort and peace to you on your journey.

Thanks for being a part of this ammazing community.

Mary
Old January 26th 11, 12:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho[_2_]

And, hugs from me, too.

Donna in IDaho

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5818 (20110125) __________

http://www.eset.com

OT- another health update judyanna Quilting 14 July 12th 09 04:37 PM
OT Health Update judyanna Quilting 16 September 26th 08 10:15 PM
OT...health update Joanna Quilting 8 October 27th 04 01:32 PM
Totally totally off topic Bachelor Party KJ Quilting 12 June 5th 04 03:54 PM
totally totally OT flexible silicone bakeware KJ Quilting 3 May 10th 04 06:15 PM