what did you get for the holidays?

Old December 30th 04, 07:09 PM
Dawn

Default what did you get for the holidays?

Anyone fortunate enough to receive any miniatures-related gifts this
year? Alas, I did not (though there were some other hobby gifts) but I'd
be interested in hearing if others did.

Dawn

Old December 30th 04, 11:15 PM
havana bill & holly

DS #3 is on a fixed (disability) income gave me his old Dremel ("power tools
& I don't get along") and attachments and a HUGE black shirt he found that's
perfect for making mini gentlemen's suits.

"Dawn" wrote Anyone fortunate enough to receive any miniatures-related
gifts this
year?

Old December 30th 04, 11:26 PM
vixx'

havana bill & holly wrote:
DS #3 is on a fixed (disability) income gave me his old Dremel ("power tools
& I don't get along") and attachments and a HUGE black shirt he found that's
perfect for making mini gentlemen's suits.

"Dawn" wrote Anyone fortunate enough to receive any miniatures-related
gifts this
year?

not me, but i got a lovely small stamp (not een poststamp) om an
envelope which i may use as a painting on a wall....

--
vixx'
Old December 31st 04, 01:48 AM
Carol

"Dawn" wrote in message
Anyone fortunate enough to receive any miniatures-related gifts this year?
Alas, I did not (though there were some other hobby gifts) but I'd be
interested in hearing if others did.

Well, since I own a mini business I don't need any minis. It was fun to
play one of Santa's elves for a number of people who ordered minis or gift
certificates from us to give as gifts.

I got an Ipod which is what I really wanted. It's a mini Ipod so maybe that
counts as a mini.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old December 31st 04, 02:54 AM
havana bill & holly

"Carol" wrote I got an Ipod which is what I really wanted. It's a mini
Ipod so maybe that
counts as a mini.

Even if it isn't 1/12" scale it oughta count 8~ )

Old December 31st 04, 06:49 PM
Herb

Dawn wrote:
Anyone fortunate enough to receive any miniatures-related gifts this
year? Alas, I did not (though there were some other hobby gifts) but I'd
be interested in hearing if others did.
Dawn

By BW gave me the Designer Home's "Hogarth Lamp Kit" for the
den/computer room/TV watching room. It's a 1" scale room about 6" x 6"
(maybe more of an entranceway or foyer) with doors and windows that
forms the base of a lamp. This will NOT be another unfinished kit. I
promise.

Among other things, I found for her an enameled flowered x-acto knife.
(No more "who's knife is this?")

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

- Herb

Old December 31st 04, 08:35 PM
Dawn

Herb wrote:

Among other things, I found for her an enameled flowered x-acto knife.
(No more "who's knife is this?")

Now that just sounds like too much of a good idea to pass up. Where did
you find it? My husband and I are constantly trying to figure out which
tools belong to whom.

Dawn
Old January 1st 05, 01:00 AM
Herb

Dawn wrote:

Herb wrote:
=20

Among other things, I found for her an enameled flowered x-acto knife.=

=20
(No more "who's knife is this?")

=20
=20
Now that just sounds like too much of a good idea to pass up. Where did=

=20
you find it? My husband and I are constantly trying to figure out which=

=20
tools belong to whom.
=20
=20
=20
Dawn

Well - good news and bad news
I found it while she was shopping at Pacific Fabrics in Seattle (only=20
$2.49). Our local ACE hardware stores carry the same line with a=20
combination Hammer/Screwdrivers, Pliers, and Screwdrivers. Pacific=20
Fabrics also had a craft wire cutter, a pair of scissors, and a couple=20
of others. The tools are of average low quality.

BUT just a few minutes ago we opened and tried to use the xacto knife=20
and it's one of those super-cheap knock-offs where you can't even=20
tighten the blade. It's useless

We're about to write the mfr - the blister card has the following info:

=A92002 FPC Corporation
355 Hollow Hill Drive
Wauconda, IL 60084
Phone # 847-487-4583
Fax # 847-487-0174
e-mail:
www.surebonder.com
Made in China

I just went to their site - the tools are he
http://www.surebonder.com/subcat.asp?prod_cat_id=3D16

- Herb

Old January 1st 05, 03:04 AM
havana bill & holly

Don't know if it's just that knife, our old Stanley knife was so "gone" it
rattles when used, so I went to Lowe's & bought a new one and if we get the
handle lined up so it screws together the blade won't move, the thumb
control seems "frozen", so I got one of the cheap knockoffs and it seems to
work fine (so far).
"Herb" wrote in message
Dawn wrote:

Herb wrote:

[...]

http://www.surebonder.com/subcat.asp?prod_cat_id=16

- Herb

AD- Last beads before the holidays from Tillerman Beads Su/Cutworks Beads 5 December 8th 04 03:17 AM
OT ..Decorating for the holidays Diana Curtis Beads 21 December 6th 04 04:21 PM
Happy and Safe Holidays Kandice Seeber Beads 14 January 5th 04 11:45 PM
Happy Holidays Sjpolyclay Beads 4 December 25th 03 04:38 PM
Happy Holidays everyone! Karen_AZ Beads 4 December 23rd 03 10:18 AM