Done is Good!

Old September 1st 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

Default Done is Good!

I did it! I finally finished my green and purple star swap quilt this
week! I put the binding on (definitely not my best binding job ever,
but I got to play with invisible thread!) and washed it, and now it is
on the bed with my daughter sleeping soundly under it for the second
night in a row! I've not taken a photo yet, but I'll be getting one
soon and I'll let you know when I post it!

When I finished it and laid it out on the floor, my DD oohed and aahed
over it. I asked her if she knew who the quilt belonged to, and she
said, "Yes mommy, it belongs to a sick kid in the hospital!" When I
told her that this one wasn't going to the hospital, it was all hers,
she said, "Ooh, thank you mommy! Thank you for making me this quilt!"

Gotta love her!

Dannielle - who's now ready to tackle the problematic red, white and
black swap quilt and finish handpiecing the tumbling block quilt top!

Old September 1st 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Dancing in the moonlight for ya, Dannielle! Well done.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old September 1st 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Elly

On Sep 1, 2:44 am, Dannielle wrote:
[...]

You sound like you have a very sweet daughter, Dannielle and well done
getting your project finished. Looking forward to the pics.
Elly

Old September 1st 07, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
desert quilter

On Aug 31, 6:44 pm, Dannielle wrote:
[...]

Dannielle,

Your daughter sounds like a real sweetie! And I can't wait to see a
picture of the quilt. I'm very partial to green and purple.

Best regards
Michelle in NV

Old September 4th 07, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Done is good .... covering a kid is even better!
Happy dancing in VA, PAT

Old September 6th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

Congrats! Done is always a good thing!

- dlm. in central MA

oups.com...