Victorian Lace Today

Old November 25th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Alison

Default Victorian Lace Today

I just got this large book last weekend (I had a gift card for Barnes
& Noble) and have found an awful lot of shawls/scarves I want to make
from it. It wasn't indexed (or I didn't find the kind I wanted) so I
made an index with the projects, along with yarn types and
requirements, and difficulty (the author has several Easy Lace
patterns, but most are either Intermediate or Experienced.) I got
1000 yards of laceweight wool at the last festival I attended, so now
I just have to decide what to knit! One interesting feature is that
many of the scarves have knitted on borders which will be a new
challenge to me. I do recommend it to anyone wanting lace scarf
patterns!
Old November 26th 06, 01:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

I also have this book. I have started the "Cap Shawl" pg 28. This
shawl is so easy to work. I'd recommend it to anyone too.

Old November 26th 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Alison wrote:
I just got this large book last weekend (I had a gift card for Barnes
& Noble) and have found an awful lot of shawls/scarves I want to make
from it. It wasn't indexed (or I didn't find the kind I wanted) so I
made an index with the projects, along with yarn types and
requirements, and difficulty (the author has several Easy Lace
patterns, but most are either Intermediate or Experienced.) I got
1000 yards of laceweight wool at the last festival I attended, so now
I just have to decide what to knit! One interesting feature is that
many of the scarves have knitted on borders which will be a new
challenge to me. I do recommend it to anyone wanting lace scarf
patterns!

Now, I had a look at that today at Chapters, and decided not to buy it.
While there were many nice patterns there, I just didn't find enough to
get me excited enough to spend that kind of money. Maybe another time.

Higs,
Katherine

Old November 26th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Threnody

Alison wrote:
I just got this large book last weekend (I had a gift card for Barnes
& Noble) and have found an awful lot of shawls/scarves I want to make
from it. It wasn't indexed (or I didn't find the kind I wanted) so I
made an index with the projects, along with yarn types and
requirements, and difficulty (the author has several Easy Lace
patterns, but most are either Intermediate or Experienced.) I got
1000 yards of laceweight wool at the last festival I attended, so now
I just have to decide what to knit! One interesting feature is that
many of the scarves have knitted on borders which will be a new
challenge to me. I do recommend it to anyone wanting lace scarf
patterns!

Is the lace all knit, or are there crochet patterns in there? I'm
interested, but don't really knit. My hooks and I have a long and
satisfying history together and I'm just not good enough with needles to
purl comfortably, let alone work on lace patterns.

Knitpixie has a really beautiful round lace shawl crochet pattern
available that I'm thinking about attempting someday, but probably I
won't get a chance to do anything other than think for a year or more
(when the youngest kid is a little more independent and I don't have to
keep stopping mid-count to rescue/fix/feed/change/etc. him).

--
Threnody

Old November 27th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Alison

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:32:59 GMT, Threnody
wrote:

Alison wrote:
[...]

Sorry, all the lace is knit.

Alison
Old November 29th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Alison wrote:
I just got this large book last weekend (I had a gift card for Barnes
& Noble) and have found an awful lot of shawls/scarves I want to make
from it. It wasn't indexed (or I didn't find the kind I wanted) so I
made an index with the projects, along with yarn types and
requirements, and difficulty (the author has several Easy Lace
patterns, but most are either Intermediate or Experienced.) I got
1000 yards of laceweight wool at the last festival I attended, so now
I just have to decide what to knit! One interesting feature is that
many of the scarves have knitted on borders which will be a new
challenge to me. I do recommend it to anyone wanting lace scarf
patterns!

I've put this on my wish list after hearing about it. It will be the
first thing I buy myself after xmas if Santa doesn't come through

BB