AD * Random Act Of Glass Kindness (RAOGK) - Handmade Lampwork

Old June 2nd 04, 06:12 AM
Marna

Default AD * Random Act Of Glass Kindness (RAOGK) - Handmade Lampwork

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am offering a Random Act Of
Kindness bead each week. It is open to everyone no matter where you
live! The latest winner is: RAOGK XIV - Anna Wischhusen, La Porte, Tx
05/29/04
http://home.pacbell.net/mhartjen/Auc...5_22_raogk.htm

The next one is RAOGK XV:
http://home.pacbell.net/mhartjen/Auc...5_29_raogk.htm
It is one of my favorite colors ... green! It is a large complex
lentil bead. This bead will be given out on my birthday June 5th!

A new Random Act Of Glass Kindness or RAOGK bead will be announced
each Saturday. A drawing will be held next Saturday and the winner
announced on Sunday. Anyone can enter the drawing, just email me with
the subject *MHH RAOGK XV* . You have until Friday 06/04/04 to enter
your name for this bead. Once you have entered, your name stays in the
drawing. Once you have entered your name stays in the hat for each
subsequent drawings. I do wish for the random act to continue ...
meaning I don't want this bead sold but rather kept for yourself or
given as your on RAOGK to someone special. Let's each of us do our
part to spread a little kindness where we might go ...

Marna H. Hartjen
www.hartjendesign.com
Old June 2nd 04, 09:18 AM
Su/Cutworks

Marna wrote:

The next one is RAOGK XV:
http://home.pacbell.net/mhartjen/Auc...5_29_raogk.htm
It is one of my favorite colors ... green! It is a large complex
lentil bead. This bead will be given out on my birthday June 5th!

*thud*

That is absolutely gorgeous. And extremely generous.

-Su

Old June 2nd 04, 10:17 AM
Anna W.

Hey!! That would be me!! ~~~waving to Marna I won the RAOGK bead and I'm
thrilled. I've been fortunate enough to receive pretty beads from
Starlia, too. ~~~waving to Starlia

Things have been looking up this past week. DH has been battling cancer for
over a year. With chemo, radiation therapy, surgery and more chemo, he's
gotten the thumbs up on the first round of test results. So, with that good
news and receiving beautiful beads, I'm a happy camper.

Anna W. in Tx

om...

Old June 2nd 04, 01:36 PM
Candace

Now THIS, is awesome to hear!

DH has been battling cancer for
over a year. With chemo, radiation therapy, surgery and more chemo, he's
gotten the thumbs up on the first round of test results. So, with that good
news and receiving beautiful beads, I'm a happy camper.

Anna W. in Tx

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old June 2nd 04, 02:06 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Marna,

You can set up your mail link to include the subject line so that people can
enter the drawing easily.

?subject=MHH_RAOG K_XV

Lovely work!

Old June 2nd 04, 05:58 PM
Dr. Sooz

Wow! Thank you so much for your generosity.

[...]

~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old June 3rd 04, 01:09 AM
Anna W.

Thanks, Candace...it IS awesome.

Anna W. in Tx

Now THIS, is awesome to hear!

Old June 15th 04, 05:42 AM
Marna

Thanks so much for the response so far! My special birthday bead went
to Tammy Markham of Canada. She can't afford any beads so it was very
special to her at this time!
http://home.pacbell.net/mhartjen/Auc...5_29_raogk.htm

The latest winner is Rhonda Wilson, Simi Valley, CA ... and she saw it
her. She is getting a cute frog
http://home.pacbell.net/mhartjen/Auc...6_05_raogk.htm

The next drawing will be for a vessel done in turquoise with silvered
ivory stringer decoration.
http://home.pacbell.net/mhartjen/Auc...6_12_raogk.htm

On my birthday, last Saturday I received an email from ebay cancelling
one of my auctions because of my RAOGK. They threatened to cancel more
of my auctions if I didn't remove it. It really bummed me out ... as I
was trying to do something nice! So spread the word to your friends
.... it is just my way of giving a little something special to the
world!

I have gotten to know so many people who do special things like this.
It is really nice to remember to spread some kindness ...

Marna H. Hartjen
www.hartjendesign.com
Old June 15th 04, 08:00 AM
Su/Cutworks

Marna wrote:

On my birthday, last Saturday I received an email from ebay cancelling
one of my auctions because of my RAOGK. They threatened to cancel more
of my auctions if I didn't remove it. It really bummed me out ... as I
was trying to do something nice!

Happy birthday belatedly. I think it's amazing that eBay can be that picky
about your auction considering the things I see online there that don't get
a single bit of notice. It's because you're offering something that they're
not getting money for. As long as they get their dough they let anything
get past them but not anything that's free or generous.

-Su

Old June 15th 04, 01:48 PM
Candace

it's total bullpucky.

Being penalized for generosity. Yep--gotta love it.

Marna wrote:

On my birthday, last Saturday I received an email from ebay cancelling
one of my auctions because of my RAOGK. They threatened to cancel more
of my auctions if I didn't remove it. It really bummed me out ... as I
was trying to do something nice!

Happy birthday belatedly. I think it's amazing that eBay can be that picky
about your auction considering the things I see online there that don't get
a single bit of notice. It's because you're offering something that they're
not getting money for. As long as they get their dough they let anything
get past them but not anything that's free or generous.

-Su

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Another Fantasy Question - Fusing Harry Beads 22 April 19th 04 06:26 AM
glass color change calford Beads 8 April 4th 04 07:26 AM
Beginning Beader (Lampwork) Maeven Beads 9 March 26th 04 12:37 AM
For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 08:19 PM
Lampworkers meijhana Beads 46 September 27th 03 04:14 AM