Cat Bordhi's Moebius - Anyone else tried this

Old January 22nd 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Cat Bordhi's Moebius - Anyone else tried this

I just got Cat Bordhi's The Treasury of Magical Knitting specifically
so I could learn her Moebius technique.

I think I finally have the hang of it and I am the just wondering if
anyone else has tried this method and might have any tips not found in
the book for a newbie.

Regards,
Jenn in CA

Old January 22nd 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Jenn wrote:
I just got Cat Bordhi's The Treasury of Magical Knitting specifically
so I could learn her Moebius technique.

I think I finally have the hang of it and I am the just wondering if
anyone else has tried this method and might have any tips not found in
the book for a newbie.

I've knit three using a different cast on method before I got a look at
the book, and one with hers. Cat's is definitely easier. And you don't
really need needles that long, at least on larger sizes. I didn't find
it that difficult to use 36 inch size 15s. The first row was a little
tight, but was then just as easy as regular circular knitting. I'll have
to try it with a smaller size to see if it works as well.

Do you have any particular questions?

sue
Old January 22nd 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I don`t know what her system is , if she working from the middle out ,
the best advice i can give you , is that when you cast on your stiches
on the underside of the first stiches use a dp , and move the stiches
as much as you can onto the plastic part , leaving as less as possible
stiches on the needle you cast on with ..... i have made `quite` some
moebiouses , and taught it to many persons , both in crochet and in
knitting , please do ask ,.,,,,,
mirjam

Old January 22nd 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Has any one seen a version of the Moebius for crochet?

Shana

Old January 22nd 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Try this site, it's a good basis for learning and then experimentation.
Enjoy!!
Love & higs
Christine

oups.com...

Old January 22nd 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Shana
I don`t know what version you look for i worked out my own kind and
can send you my instructions ,.,,, is this your email adress ??
mirjam
[Ps in Hebrew your name means = year or/and learned

Old January 22nd 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
I don`t know what her system is , if she working from the middle out ,
the best advice i can give you , is that when you cast on your stiches
on the underside of the first stiches use a dp , and move the stiches
as much as you can onto the plastic part , leaving as less as possible
stiches on the needle you cast on with ..... i have made `quite` some
moebiouses , and taught it to many persons , both in crochet and in
knitting , please do ask ,.,,,,,

Her system doesn't use a conventional cast on. It's a little like the
Turkish caston, but with the cable and one needle tip parallel.

sue
Old January 22nd 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Christine in Kent, Garden of England wrote:
Try this site, it's a good basis for learning and then experimentation.
Enjoy!!
Love & higs
Christine

Which site? Do you mean this newsgroup?

sue

Old January 22nd 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I just found these URLs on google. Enjoy, and welcome to RCTY! )

Gemini

Crocheted Moebius -

http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/crochet/scarfmbcr.shtml

http://home.att.net/~susanBinKC/patt...ml?mobius.html