Ack! South Pacific order gone astray

Old August 28th 03, 07:59 PM
Deirdre S.

Default Ack! South Pacific order gone astray

I placed a *big* order for pearls and basic G/F and silver findings
from South Pacific last week, and I think it must have been sent to my
old, rather than my new address.

I've forwarded the UPS tracking info to SP via email, and asked my
cousin Xan to stop by my old address some time after work to see if
the new tenant took delivery.

It was a *lot* of money's worth of stuff. Basically, my 'seed money'
for upgrading to better quality findings and such for resale.

There is a big anxiety hole at the pit of my stomach right now, and
any good vibes that things come out alright rather than my having to
write it off as a loss would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think SP is at all at fault. I thought I had updated my
shipping address with most folks I frequently do mail order business
with, but on reflection ... I think that was one place I missed, and
their records must have had the old address only. My credit card
billing info has changed, though, so if I had been luckier they might
have queried the address at the time of the order instead of trusting
what was on their records.

Deirdre

Old August 28th 03, 10:37 PM
Deirdre S.

Thanks. I heard back from South Pacific apologizing for the error
(they *do* have my current address in their records, but something
slipped up in the order processing, and it reverted somehow).

I also sent a note to my cousin, Xan, who works about a mile from my
old address, asking her to stop by and inquire in person, if possible.
Haven't heard back from her yet.

But SP offered to get UPS to go back and pick it up if she can't
retrieve it directly.

I am less anxious now that some plans that might help are in motion,
and though I am not counting my chickens quite yet, I think the rcb
'good outcome' vibes are at least pushing things in the right
direction. Thanks and keep 'em coming, y'all.

I'll let you know how it comes out as soon as something concrete
happens.

Deirdre

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:36:35 -0700, vj wrote:

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Deirdre S.
:

]There is a big anxiety hole at the pit of my stomach right now

**HUGS** incoming!

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
It's not what you take, when you leave this world behind you;
it's what you leave behind you when you go. -- Randy Travis

Old August 28th 03, 11:50 PM
Carol in SLC

]But SP offered to get UPS to go back and pick it up if she can't
]retrieve it directly.

GOOD FOR THEM!
i really LIKE those people!

Since it was their error, I'd feel better if they said they would re-pull the
order and ship it to YOU immediately. They can worry about retrieving the
package they mailed incorrectly after they take care of you, IMNSHO.

Carol in SLC
New jewelry (8/28): http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/hoyt1.jpg
Old August 29th 03, 12:02 AM
Deirdre S.

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, based on past good
experiences... and I'll be surprised if they don't follow through
until I am satisfied, however my attempts at direct action work out.

As long as I actually get what I ordered, I'm not majorly impatient
about it. If I had pending customer orders that depended on it, I'd be
pressing harder, but I don't.

Deirdre

Old August 29th 03, 12:47 AM
Dr. Sooz

]
]But SP offered to get UPS to go back and pick it up if she can't
]retrieve it directly.

GOOD FOR THEM!
i really LIKE those people!

I knew it would be okay! Because SP is always so fabulous.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old August 29th 03, 12:48 AM
Dr. Sooz

Since it was their error, I'd feel better if they said they would re-pull the
order and ship it to YOU immediately. They can worry about retrieving the
package they mailed incorrectly after they take care of you, IMNSHO.

Good point, Carol.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old August 29th 03, 01:57 AM
Deirdre S.

It is found. My cousin called to say it was on the doorstep at my old
address, where they apparently don't have a new tenant yet. It was
bursting its box a bit, so she unpacked it and we inventoried the
contents over the phone.

It was all there, and she will rebox it and send it on to me this
weekend via insured USPS. whew

I emailed South Pacific letting them know it is in trusted hands at
this point, and will be heading my way soon. I asked them to credit me
for the shipping charges, since that seems fair under the
circumstances.

I'll let you all know if they don't agree to that arrangement, but
don't expect them to quibble, since they've been spared arm-wrestling
with UPS over its return...

Thank you all for 'good outcome vibes'. I think their existence and
efficacy have been vindicated again.

Deirdre

Old August 29th 03, 05:40 AM
S. Burwash

In article , Deirdre S.
wrote:

It is found. My cousin called to say it was on the doorstep at my old
address, where they apparently don't have a new tenant yet. It was
bursting its box a bit, so she unpacked it and we inventoried the
contents over the phone.

It was all there, and she will rebox it and send it on to me this
weekend via insured USPS. whew

Great news! I can't wait to see what lovelies you make with your new SP
stash, once it is safely on the west coast!

Susan in Canada