Problem solved

Old March 21st 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Problem solved

And in return, he got me knitting mag subscriptions, a BIG gift card
at the LYS and other stuff. I'm one of those people that is *high
energy* and always have to have something to do. I'm always working on
some kind of project anyway. I think I'm the one that came out ahead
of the game in the long run LOL LOL LOL He wore that sweater when he
took me out for dinner and everyone really liked it. And if I *really*
want my way with something, I just *remind* him that I spent 160 hours
knitting his sweater....LOL LOL LOL
Marie and the cats (don't take any of this the wrong way, he's a big
jokester and we tease each other a lot)

Old March 21st 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

This type of sizes , you beter knit length wise , also if he knows how
to crochet ,,,, let him crochet big sqares than you knit the parts
between , and he will have a very contemporary sweater as joint work
of you two. [less work for you !!!] mirjam

wrote:
If he is lifting, then he needs very strong hands and forearms. Knitting is
an excellent way to develop such strength. Teach him to knit!! By the time
he is ready to embark on his own sweater (after doing a smaller one for
you), you will have progressed so that you will be able to help him design
his own sweater.

Then when you are buying yarn, the two of you can buy in bulk and get
discounts!

Aaron

I've tried to teach him so the next time he gets deployed he won't be
so bored sitting in his tent or whatever... he hasn't bitten yet, but
says he does know how to crochet.

When he was in Iraq (and quite a bit larger) his body armor had to be
custom made for him. He had a 64"+ chest. I don't even want to think
about the endless rounds for that one.

-Amanda
http://www.uberpest.com

Old March 21st 06, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote in message
oups.com...
And in return, he got me knitting mag subscriptions, a BIG gift card
at the LYS and other stuff. I'm one of those people that is *high
energy* and always have to have something to do. I'm always working on
some kind of project anyway. I think I'm the one that came out ahead
of the game in the long run LOL LOL LOL He wore that sweater when he
took me out for dinner and everyone really liked it. And if I *really*
want my way with something, I just *remind* him that I spent 160 hours
knitting his sweater....LOL LOL LOL
Marie and the cats (don't take any of this the wrong way, he's a big
jokester and we tease each other a lot)

sorta like the moms who remind their kids that they laboured 31 hours, etc,
LOL!

seriously, though, one HAS to have humour!

^that^ was an oxymoron, to be sure!

Noreen
over-tired!

Old March 21st 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Katherine wrote:
wrote:
My technique was having Tim take me to *pick* out the yarn and color
he wanted. And he paid for it! hehehehe
Marie and the cats

Butbutbut!!! You *still* had to knit it! ;-)

Like that was a problem....

sue
Old March 21st 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On 20 Mar 2006 04:48:29 -0800, "Amanda Tikkanen"
wrote:

My BF once said something about wanting a sweater. I informed him of
the rule. Last night I'm working on a Wallaby for Nephew #2 and
casually ask BF what his chest size is (I know it's huge, but I wanted
numbers). He asked about the sweater thing again... I told him not to
worry about it... but when he said he wasn't sure his size--at least
56" maybe a little bigger now that he's lifting again-- I was a little
shocked but more relieved... I have no patterns that big. I have no
desire (and less ability) to alter the patterns I have to go bigger...
so Problem Solved. If he wants something, it can be socks. ha.

Wow, that does sound like a challenge!

My problem is my DH finally wants me to make him a sweater after years
of my offering. However, he's under the impression that an aran is
"plain looking" and "simple". Since when were all the crosses for
cables and keep track of different stitch counts for an aran SIMPLE,
and when were the results PLAIN looking!?!? That's something I'd like
to know. I'm glad he wants me to make him something, though, as it's
been years. He still won't give up a ragged old scarf I made for him
with a large raspberry colored tunisian crochet cable in the center
and dark blue ribbing on the side. I'd like to make him a new one,
but he refuses until this one falls apart SIGH.

Leah
Old March 22nd 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

sorta like the moms who remind their kids that they laboured 31 hours,

etc,
LOL!

Noreen
over-tired!

I was cheated from being able to use that excuse! I had 9 hour labors with
both DDs! Just right in my opinion.

JJMolvik

Old March 22nd 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Amanda Tikkanen" wrote in message
oups.com...
My BF once said something about wanting a sweater. I informed him of
the rule. Last night I'm working on a Wallaby for Nephew #2 and
casually ask BF what his chest size is (I know it's huge, but I wanted
numbers). He asked about the sweater thing again... I told him not to
worry about it... but when he said he wasn't sure his size--at least
56" maybe a little bigger now that he's lifting again-- I was a little
shocked but more relieved... I have no patterns that big. I have no
desire (and less ability) to alter the patterns I have to go bigger...
so Problem Solved. If he wants something, it can be socks. ha.

-Amanda
only one project on needles, slowly working through the stash
http://www.uberpest.com

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! Just make him an afgan!!!!

JJMolvik