I WON! Exhibitor of the Year at MI Fair

Old August 21st 03, 10:15 PM
Mike Hardie

Default I WON! Exhibitor of the Year at MI Fair

I won I won I won! I am so happy to announce that I won Exhibitor of
the Year at the Michigan State Fair! And, I owe a great degree of
thanks to this wonderful group for all your help and support. I asked
so many silly questions about Ethnic/Ceremonial, Scarlett O'Hara,
Corsets and Eyeletts/Grommetts........but all those answers you gave
me paid off as my entries did turn out nice in the long run. And,
even though I balked at making it, because the group so overwhelmingly
opposed the vacuume cleaner cover......I decided that that might be a
category with light competition so I entered it. I took the
suggestion and ordered the pattern for the Santa one and made him of
wool felt with a sheepskin beard.....oh my is he lovely and not at
all the typical vacuum cover!
I ended up with 60 entries - 54 ribbons including 23 Blue Ribbons and
4 Best of Shows!!!
Yipee
Joy
Old August 21st 03, 10:31 PM
nana2b

Well now that you won how about posting a photo? I would love to see it.
Linda

Old August 22nd 03, 12:20 PM
Shstringfellow

I ended up with 60 entries - 54 ribbons including 23 Blue Ribbons and
4 Best of Shows!!!

And you sleep when?
SueS
Old August 23rd 03, 01:34 PM
Mike Hardie

I traded in cooking and cleaning for sleep. The good news is that my
three kids can now cook rather well.
Joy

And you sleep when?
SueS

Old August 25th 03, 07:47 PM
Kate Dicey

Mike Hardie wrote:

I traded in cooking and cleaning for sleep. The good news is that my
three kids can now cook rather well.
Joy

And you sleep when?
SueS

Great stuff!

Congratulations on all the wins. Picture gallery please!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old August 27th 03, 02:12 AM
Mike Hardie

Yes Kate pictures soon. I will go to the fair Friday with my camera
and go off the diet and eat handfulls of cotton candy and then I will
go to the cattle barn and drink cup after cup of ice cold chocolate
milk....head off to watch six horse hitches of big horses ramble
around the arena and then when I am dizzy with delight I will head
home and put together a page of all the wonderful stuff I see at the
Community Arts building.
Joy

Canfield Fair, OH DJDREVNA Quilting 3 September 4th 04 07:52 PM
ALL State Fair Listings Joy Hardie Needlework 8 May 26th 04 12:47 PM
Texas State Fair Joy Hardie Needlework 5 May 24th 04 04:08 PM
Enter the Mich. State Fair Joy Hardie Needlework 0 May 14th 04 07:40 PM