ANOTHER BRA QUESTION

Old July 2nd 06, 09:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate Dicey

Default ANOTHER BRA QUESTION

I have a potential customer landing on Tuesday at 5:30 for her first
consultation and so I can work out a price for her competition ballroom
dance dress. It will need to be based on a leotard foundation. It will
need to fit closely to this 30FF figure... Yup - *30FF*!

Other than sending her to Rigby & Peller in London, where do you suggest
she looks for a firm fitting bra she won't fall out of when turned
upside down? Sports bras cover waaaaay too much for the skimpy top
styles (though we may have to go for the more covered look to hide the
bra!).

BTW Rigby & Peller do sell on-line, and their bras do cover a vast
range of sizes. NAYY... Here's their web site:
http://www.rigbyandpeller.com/contact/index.aspx

They don't sell cheap stuff, and they do have a bespoke service, but you
have to go to them for that.
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old July 2nd 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Ann Eales

thanks for the web addy, I have a 16 yo with 30FF, and so difficult to fit,
Ann

Old July 2nd 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Phaedrine

In article ,
Kate Dicey wrote:

I have a potential customer landing on Tuesday at 5:30 for her first
consultation and so I can work out a price for her competition ballroom
dance dress. It will need to be based on a leotard foundation. It will
need to fit closely to this 30FF figure... Yup - *30FF*!

Other than sending her to Rigby & Peller in London, where do you suggest
she looks for a firm fitting bra she won't fall out of when turned
upside down? Sports bras cover waaaaay too much for the skimpy top
styles (though we may have to go for the more covered look to hide the
bra!).

BTW Rigby & Peller do sell on-line, and their bras do cover a vast
range of sizes. NAYY... Here's their web site:
http://www.rigbyandpeller.com/contact/index.aspx

They don't sell cheap stuff, and they do have a bespoke service, but you
have to go to them for that.

30s are not as unusual as you might think. (Alas, I wore a 30 before my
kids were born) Here's a whole page of 30G/FFs mostly from the UK.

http://www.barenecessities.com/Bras-30G_catalog_nxs,31,size,903.htm

However, for competition ballroom, they usually sew the bra into the
costume and use a lot of body glue and invisible tapes since most of
them are backless or simulate backlessness. This is a highly
specialized area; I did not realized you did this kind of costuming.
Good luck!

Phae

--
I fear me you but warm the starved snake
Who, cherished in your breasts, will sting your hearts. (Henry VI,Shakespeare)
Old July 2nd 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate Dicey

Phaedrine wrote:

In article ,
Kate Dicey wrote:

[...]

It's a new venture! We'll see what she wants... I don't think
she's had the bra sewn in so far.

Old July 2nd 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Phaedrine

In article ,
Kate Dicey wrote:

It's a new venture! We'll see what she wants... I don't think
she's had the bra sewn in so far.

Well it sounds fascinating... do keep us posted as time permits and hae
fun with it

Phae

Old July 11th 06, 09:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
wurstergirl

Hi Kate,
Sorry it took me so long to see this question. I don't check this
group very often. Anyway, here are some brands that go to 30FF with
some sites. Everything without a site is at www.figleaves.co.uk

Charnos (Opera style)
Silhouette www.undercoverexperience.co.uk
Kalyani www.bravissimo.com
Bacirubati www.bravissimo.com
Berdita www.berdita.com
Panache
Beneath
Freya
Fantasie
Miss Mandalay
University www.bravissimo.com
Rigby & Peller
Fayreform (8G in Aus.) www.zodee.com.au (Vitality bra)
EnVie www.envie4u.uk (The "Bliss" bra)

I'll be interested to hear what a well endowed competition dancer wears
under her outifts. Many of the ladies on TV look like they've had
their ta-ta's removed for better balance. If none of the regular bras
work, you might consider using one of those straps that converts a
regular bra to backless.

Pora

Old July 11th 06, 09:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
wurstergirl

Oh, it didn't occur to me to mention the Custom Fit bras. The majority
of them are owned by Jeunique
www.jeunique.com

Pora

Old July 11th 06, 12:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate Dicey

some sites. Everything without a site is at www.figleaves.co.uk

Charnos (Opera style)
Silhouette www.undercoverexperience.co.uk
Kalyani www.bravissimo.com
Bacirubati www.bravissimo.com
Berdita www.berdita.com
Panache
Beneath
Freya
Fantasie
Miss Mandalay
University www.bravissimo.com
Rigby & Peller
Fayreform (8G in Aus.) www.zodee.com.au (Vitality bra)
EnVie www.envie4u.uk (The "Bliss" bra)

I'll be interested to hear what a well endowed competition dancer wears
under her outifts. Many of the ladies on TV look like they've had
their ta-ta's removed for better balance. If none of the regular bras
work, you might consider using one of those straps that converts a
regular bra to backless.

Pora

Mostly what they have is a dress built on a leotard, with bra cups sewn
in. However, being of greater wattage, as it were, this lass may need
more...