*drumming my fingers*

Old April 15th 05, 03:05 AM
the black rose

Default *drumming my fingers*

Celtic knotwork quilt:

Everything that I could possibly cut, is cut. And I do mean everything.
Everything that I could possibly sew, is sewn. This includes all the
garden maze sashing and sash squares.
Everything that I could possibly mark, is marked.

I can't do anything else until I get those blankety-blank bias press
bars, which are stubbornly refusing to arrive at the quilt shop. I mean
really, doesn't the distributor know how important that shop is? She
should get all her orders first!

Now what to do, what to do.... I thought this would keep me busy long
enough that I didn't have any other projects in the queue.

*sigh*

*drums fingers*

--

the black rose

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old April 15th 05, 03:34 AM
Polly Esther

Which, my friend, is a glorious reason for UFOs. When I am feeling mindless,
I go stipple one waiting for me. If I am worse than totally mindless, I
unfuzz the SMs, load bobbins - that sort of thing. Now, there's an idea. How
many bobbins will your Celtic need and have you run them? Polly

Old April 15th 05, 01:58 PM
Pat in Virginia

Well, you *could* whip up an easy fat quarter
quilt for me!! Just so you won't be bored.
PAT in VA/USA

Old April 15th 05, 03:12 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
the black rose wrote:

Celtic knotwork quilt:

Everything that I could possibly cut, is cut. And I do mean everything.
Everything that I could possibly sew, is sewn. This includes all the
garden maze sashing and sash squares.
Everything that I could possibly mark, is marked.

I can't do anything else until I get those blankety-blank bias press
bars, which are stubbornly refusing to arrive at the quilt shop. I mean
really, doesn't the distributor know how important that shop is? She
should get all her orders first!

Now what to do, what to do.... I thought this would keep me busy long
enough that I didn't have any other projects in the queue.

*sigh*

*drums fingers*

Why don't you zip over to your local JoAnn's (assuming you have one g)
and buy a little 1/4" bias tape maker? That works really well for making
bias strips for celtic knotwork....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old April 15th 05, 03:26 PM
Roberta Zollner

Oh for heaven's sake, just go buy more fabric! Start another one! You know
you want to :-)
Roberta in D

Old April 15th 05, 04:22 PM
Michelle in NJ

I have plenty i could overnight you to work on for me my MIL wants me to
make her a king size quilt.. i still haven't figured out a pattern to use
yet

--
Michelle in NJ
http://michelle.absolutad.com/quilts/

Old April 15th 05, 05:34 PM
C & S

Gezz, if you were my neighbor I'd lend you mine! I have the whole set, the
metal kind. I used to use them with the zipper foot but found it a pain to
master. If I cut the bias strip a tad bigger, I can sew with my regular #37
foot. I use the bars to press.

Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

Old April 15th 05, 06:00 PM
the black rose

Sandy Foster wrote:
Why don't you zip over to your local JoAnn's (assuming you have one g)
and buy a little 1/4" bias tape maker? That works really well for making
bias strips for celtic knotwork....

Cuz those things hate me. Seriously. I've tried them. They refuse to
work for me.

JoAnn's *used* to sell bias press bars. I know they did, because that's
where I bought the ones I now can't find, lo those many years ago.

--

the black rose

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old April 15th 05, 06:02 PM
the black rose

Roberta Zollner wrote:

Oh for heaven's sake, just go buy more fabric! Start another one! You know
you want to :-)
Roberta in D

Who, me? *blink* *blink*

(That sucking sound you just heard was me falling through a dimensional
vortex into my favorite LQS.)

--

the black rose

-------- __o
----- -\. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )
Old April 15th 05, 09:43 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
the black rose wrote:

Sandy Foster wrote:
Why don't you zip over to your local JoAnn's (assuming you have one g)
and buy a little 1/4" bias tape maker? That works really well for making
bias strips for celtic knotwork....

Cuz those things hate me. Seriously. I've tried them. They refuse to
work for me.

JoAnn's *used* to sell bias press bars. I know they did, because that's
where I bought the ones I now can't find, lo those many years ago.

In that case, come on over and I'll make your bias tape for you! I love
my bias maker. G