NY quilt exhibit

Old January 11th 11, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Default NY quilt exhibit

http://www.folkartmuseum.org/infinitevariety

The American Folk Art Museum plans to show 650 red and white quilts
from a private collection. Somebody please go and tell me how
wonderful it was!
Roberta in D
Old January 11th 11, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Zachary Smith

http://www.folkartmuseum.org/infinitevariety
650 red and white quilts

Did this strike anyone else funny?

Old January 12th 11, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Roberta, this is one place that I've ached to visit for years. I have
no idea if I'll ever even make it to New York, but if I ever do that's
going to be the main event on my agenda. I would go and tell you all
about it, had I money, time, a place to stay, money, access,
money .... you get the picture.

Sunny
Old January 13th 11, 04:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michele in NYC[_2_]

Here's another link (if the one above doesn't work).
http://www.folkartmuseum.org/index.php?p=folk&id=7262

I recently received the post card announcing this exhibit -
the most amazing graphic I've ever seen for a quilt show. Wish I had
someplace to scan it.

And, btw, if you're thinking of coming into town for the exhibit, the
Manhattan Empire Quilters Guild is having
their biannual quilt show at FIT that same weekend. Always a great
show with fabulous vendors.
http://empirequilters.net/pg/eqshow2011.html

-Michele in NYC

Old January 13th 11, 04:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Michele in NYC[_2_]

Is it just me or are links not working for others as well?

-Michele in NYC
Old January 15th 11, 12:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

If anyone hears of an exhibit book being published please let us know.
As much as I would love to see the quilts that trip isn't possible
right now. A book would be better than nothing. To have a guild show
at the same time (with vendors of course) would make the trip well
worth the money.

Susan

Old January 15th 11, 10:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

I wish I could be there for the Red and White exhibit. However, the
museum has declared it "the year of the quilt" and they are having
several different exhibits all year long.

The main museum has their best quilts on display through October
The Linconl Square branch has star quilts through September.

Here's the book for those two exhibits:
http://www.folkartmuseum.org/index.p...t=shop&id=7158

marcella

Old January 15th 11, 11:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Hanne[_2_]

On Jan 13, 4:13*am, Michele in NYC wrote:
Is it just me or are links not working for others as well?

-Michele in NYC

I get a "redirect notice", and then it doesn't redirect, but if I
click the link, everything is fine.

Hanne in DK

Quilt Exhibit Pat in Virginia Quilting 5 June 25th 08 03:33 PM
Link to a quilt exhibit in Wisconsin Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 0 August 18th 05 04:11 PM
Quilt Exhibit in Elmhurst, IL nbhilyard Quilting 5 June 12th 05 03:58 AM
Quilt Exhibit in Kenosha, WI nbhilyard Quilting 0 June 11th 05 12:18 PM
Quilt Exhibit in SF Marcella Tracy Peek Quilting 14 July 17th 04 03:28 PM