**announcing** RCTQ 2007 scrappy siggie swap!

Old January 9th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

Default **announcing** RCTQ 2007 scrappy siggie swap!

RCTQ 2007
Scrappy Siggie Swap Guidelines

Judging by the response I have received already I think we are ready for a
RCTQ only siggie swap. Some of the guidelines may seem tough but I am
looking out for all of you so you get the same quality back that you send
out.

Time line:

v Signup by March 1st 2007 by joining the following yahoo group:

Ø And entering your name into the database there. Remember that if
there are a lot of participants the group will be split so that we don't
have to make unreasonable amounts of bocks each - a poll to the group will
let all decide how we do the split.

v Mailing deadline after the summer vacation - exact date will be
decided by the group of swappers.

v The blocks will be swapped 2 -3 weeks after the mailing deadline

v The blocks will be put in the mail a week after swapping out

v The blocks will start arriving home a week after mailing.

The block method, size and number:

v We will be making 6" FINISHED = 6 ½ inch UNFINISHED Indian hatchet
blocks - a pattern and a PP pattern will be placed in the files for everyone
to use

v you may use either method to make the blocks

v you will make as many blocks as there are swappers (or as many as
there are swappers in the split group)

v sign your blocks with name and location at the very least (more is
allowed) making sure the pen you use is suitable for the job and won't wash
out.

v Heat set the siggies

Colours and fabrics to use:

v All fabric must be pre-washed. Without the use of fabric softener

v Make the blocks as scrappy as you can.

v The colour for the background is cream, white or light beige - any
print except that stiff white on white what is a bear to iron and quilt.

v The corners may be any colour you have from your scrap bin/basket/box

v Please use quilt shop quality fabrics everyone else will be using them
so it isn't fair to use cheap quality fabrics (this is about quality not the
price you paid for the fabrics!)

Things to remember:

v Siggies that are not 6 ½ inches will be returned un-swapped

v siggies that are not well made (seams coming undone etc.) will not be
swapped out.

v siggies made with a lesser quality fabric, fabric that has a rough
hand or feels like cardboard will not be swapped out. (these things usually
denote a lesser quality fabric)

v Siggies that smell strongly of a scent or fabric softener will trigger
an allergy attack so I will be physically unable to swap them out. (and I
will leave them in the baggie they are sent in)

Mailing and postage:

v I will send an email with my address after the signup deadline has
passed.

v Please include a self-addressed envelope large enough for your blocks
to be returned in

v Do not apply stamps to the envelope yourself!

v Postage rates will be in the RCTQ_SSS2007 group files in a separate
document as soon as I know what the rates for 2007 are as the post office
hasn't yet changed the tariffs on the website and will based on the local
postal rates - we do not have fixed rate global priority envelopes here so
rates will be different that people in the USA are used to.

v European swappers (and anyone else if you have them) may send Euros to
cover
the postage please contact me for the postage rates.

v Otherwise please pay the postage into my paypal account (it supports
direct credit card payments)

I think that's all there is to it

Have fun!!

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)