Please help me find humour latex/rubber earrings?

Old October 22nd 05, 10:29 PM
frogfog

Default Please help me find humour latex/rubber earrings?

Halo all. I have been looking, on the 'net mostly, for the last 8 years,
for jewelry made from rubber or latex. I really do not think it is fimo,
because it is pliable.

At this point in time, I have one earring of each pair of: 1) a santa claus
(dressed in customary santa claus clothing) getting strangled by a colourful
string of lights; and 2) a road-kill frog, splat displayed with the sign of
tire marks on his body. at the same time I purchased these, I had also
purchased a very colourful rubber tie for my son who wore it to his
graduation!

I had originally purchased all of these items in Corvallis, Oregon at an
herb-type store where the owner often sold jewelry and artwork from local
artistes. the shop in corvallis is no longer in existence and even when it
had been open and i was still living in or-a-gun (now living in New
Hampshire) and had enquired of the owner the name of the artiste who had
created these pieces, she always refused to tell me, for some reason.
perhaps she thought i was a crazy and after seeing these pieces would tend
to go after the artist. that's something i'd NEVER do even if i did object
to the subject matter of the earrings, but, personally, i think of them as
two of the funniest pieces of jewelry i've ever seen!!!

so, please....is there ANYONE out there, in the wide world of conscious
thought, who can help me??? and, oh!! if there is, please could you write
to my home email address because this usenet subscription belongs to my son
and he can no longer afford the $11/month (sniff) so i will no longer have
access to groups, other than being able to read them at google.

any way, thanks in advance!!!

--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.

Old October 23rd 05, 10:04 AM
Contrarian

frogfog wrote:

Halo all. I have been looking, on the 'net mostly, for the last 8 years,
for jewelry made from rubber or latex not fimo

Soft stuff with a translucent look? I don't know either.
Odd how ignorant most ppl are about the nature of materials
which are almost dominant in their daily lives.

I had originally purchased all of these items in Corvallis, Oregon at an
herb-type store where the owner often sold jewelry and artwork from local
artistes. the shop in corvallis is no longer in existence and even when it
had been open and i was still living in or-a-gun (now living in New
Hampshire) and had enquired of the owner the name of the artiste who had
created these pieces, she always refused to tell me, for some reason.

Perhaps the "artiste" was doing what I was going to suggest
to you, find the rubber/whatever ornaments and fit them to
earring fittings.

There is or was a toy "bug" manufacturing kit. I think
the name is "Creepy Crawlies" There are reveiws on Amazon
of a recent version, not entirely favorable. That's another
possiblity.

--
but the edge is still Out there. Or maybe it's In... HST (1967)
when i got to the edge , i built a deck % (2005)

Old October 23rd 05, 06:52 PM
Greg Krynen

Another possibility is that the pieces were made using silicone rubber
caulking. This sounds very similiar to the 'club' jewelry and body piercing
jewelry.

Greg
www.krynen.com
www.PurpleDragonGifts.com

Old October 23rd 05, 06:53 PM
Paul Wilson

Have you tried talking to the folks at smooth-on?
see www.smooth-on.com

"frogfog" wrote in message
[...]

screw-back clip earrings Marisa2 Beads 10 December 23rd 04 03:29 AM
OT - Can you help me find... Tinkster Beads 11 December 23rd 04 01:53 AM
Earrings using chain for ear wire Su/Cutworks Beads 117 September 4th 04 05:23 PM
Help? I can't find MOP Jalynne Beads 2 February 10th 04 08:11 PM
Need cash ? get the cash find out how Ohpineda Glass 0 August 3rd 03 08:20 PM