Wooohooo this group is ALIVE!

Old July 16th 05, 03:06 PM
Edie M

Default Wooohooo this group is ALIVE!

I'm Edie from Vale OR, right on the border with Idaho - I was very
excited this morning to see the hard work that's been done on
reactivating this news group!

I've been stamping 9 years - I work for the Feds, kids grown up and
gone, and we have lots of pets to replace them now .

Have you all tried using the Alabaster Chalk Ink as a resist with the
other chalk ink pads? This works on glossy paper, and instead of using a
brayer, use a DTP technique for the second layer. Turns out very
nicely, and if you buff off the chalkiness after it dries, you get some
very nice vibrant colors. I like to finish with the dark brown or black
chalk ink, when they are buffed the colors are very dark and and
glossy. Somewhere I have a link to a tutorial and I'll see if I can
find it to post.

And to answer another question - regular embossing ink (clear) will work
as a resist - just heat set it or let it dry awhile, and then brayer
over.

Edie, over the top with happiness that RCR is back!

Old July 18th 05, 04:14 PM
Barbara Hass

Edie,

Welcome to our little online stamping party! Do you have any pics of
your work online? Will you join in the SWAP? It's been great to get so
many neat ideas during the past few weeks, and meet so many great people!

I have ColorBox chalk inks, but have not tried the alabaster as a
resist. I will file your email for future reference and give this a try!

Barbara

Old July 19th 05, 03:47 AM
Edie M

Barbara,

I don't have anything online right now, but this weeked I could load
some into Yahoo photos to share -

Is this just a one on one swap, or something more formal?

Edie

Old July 19th 05, 05:00 AM
Barbara Hass

Edie M wrote:
Barbara,

I don't have anything online right now, but this weeked I could load
some into Yahoo photos to share -

Is this just a one on one swap, or something more formal?

Edie

Edie,

I see Jeannette just reposted the details.

Barbara