*$&$^ QI "help" ?!?!?!?!

Old December 8th 03, 12:46 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default *$&$^ QI "help" ?!?!?!?!

Hi Guys,
Well, I went in to work some more on MQing the airplane quilt (8" whole
cloth blocks in about 9 different fabrics) and found that Reno (Black Cat), the
cheif QI, had hurled her previous meal all over it. Thank heavens it's on the
back AND near the edge! Hopefully, if there are any stains, most of it will be
cut off after I trim the excess backing and batting!
VBS -- for whatever reason, Reno has been enthralled with this quilt. It's
a good sized one but not huge -- about 58" x 72". Normally, when I am finished
with a session of MQing, I just leave the quilt lay where it is. Since Mikey
(Old Lady Fat Cat and former Queen of QIs) has crossed the Rainbow Bridge, Reno
has galantly stepped up to the plate and taken over those duties. Unlike Mikey
(who used to sleep in her Garfield bed at my feet -- she was 18 y.o.), Reno
thinks it is absolutely necessary to be up close and personally involved in all
aspects of the quilting process! She either wants to lay on my lap while I
sew or lay on the quilt while I work on it! Have you ever tried to MQ with an
11# cat asleep on the quilt? It's not easy, I can assure you!
I have the MQing finished and I think I will serge the edges (a step I
always do) and then wash the quilt before putting on the binding. Usually,
washing is the *very* last thing I do after binding and adding the label. With
the "contribution" from Reno, I think it best that I get this quilt washed and
then bound! I was going to name this quilt -- something fun that has to do
with flying. Now I am not so sure -- maybe I should name it "HurLing through
the Air"! Any one have any other fun name recommendations?? CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old December 8th 03, 01:09 PM
frood

I'd call it Da** Cat, and let everybody ask why. This quilts not for me, is
it? Cuz, eeeeww. G

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

"Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply " wrote in
message ...
[...]

^;;^
.

Old December 8th 03, 01:46 PM
georg

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply wrote:

Have you ever tried to MQ with an
11# cat asleep on the quilt? It's not easy, I can assure you!

My newest cat, Pepe, is 12 pounds of long-haired cat. He is my largest
cat, and a shedding monster. And he LOVES my sewing. He wants to be
involved in *every* step of the process. I have to time cuts with the
rotary blade, because he has to inspect the fabric every time I move the
ruler. And If I move a strip, he wants to play with it- a habit I am
trying hard to break! If I am sewing, he has to make sure it's ready
for sewing by sitting between me and the machine (where there isn't room
for the 6 lb cat, let alone him!). If I am using a larger piece of
fabric, he has to play at tunnels, diving under the bulk of the fabric,
and when it moves it must be subdued. If he's not doing tunnels, he's
trying to sleep on it so I can't move it. So he's very good at making me
take frequent breaks, which I'm supposed to be doing anyway. So if
anyone gets anything with long white fine hair, it's from my adorable
furball QI#1. Yes, he's a pain, but normally he doesn't cuddle with me.
So I treasure our quality time.

If I had to MQ a full size quilt, I think I'd sneak it over to Rose's
house though. She's got a larger size throat than I do with my Kenmore.
Or I'll get the antique working, and go play with the other machine.
Pepe may not be so annoying then, but certainly the other cats will be
just as "helpful" in the living room where that machine is.

-georg

Old December 8th 03, 02:07 PM
Maureen Wozniak

Replies interspersed

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply wrote:

Hi Guys,
Well, I went in to work some more on MQing the airplane quilt (8" whole
cloth blocks in about 9 different fabrics) and found that Reno (Black Cat), the
cheif QI, had hurled her previous meal all over it. Thank heavens it's on the
back AND near the edge! Hopefully, if there are any stains, most of it will be
cut off after I trim the excess backing and batting!

If you got to it quickly enough there may not be any stains. Try spot
treating it now with Shout wipes or something then wash after its bound.

VBS -- for whatever reason, Reno has been enthralled with this quilt. It's
a good sized one but not huge -- about 58" x 72". Normally, when I am finished
with a session of MQing, I just leave the quilt lay where it is. Since Mikey
(Old Lady Fat Cat and former Queen of QIs) has crossed the Rainbow Bridge, Reno
has galantly stepped up to the plate and taken over those duties. Unlike Mikey
(who used to sleep in her Garfield bed at my feet -- she was 18 y.o.), Reno
thinks it is absolutely necessary to be up close and personally involved in all
aspects of the quilting process! She either wants to lay on my lap while I
sew or lay on the quilt while I work on it! Have you ever tried to MQ with an
11# cat asleep on the quilt?

Yep. I've got a 14 lb cat that is very involved in the quilting
process. Ever tried to baste with the 14 pounder on top and a little
cat trying to climb up the sides?

Old December 8th 03, 07:05 PM
Lisa Ellis

Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply wrote:

Have you ever tried to MQ with an 11# cat asleep on the quilt? It's not easy, I can assure you!

My 14 lb cat likes to sleep on my new sewing machine. He thinks the
extension table is a dandy bed and is peeved when moved. Last time I
used the machine I had to move him 5 or 6 times before he got the idea.

lisae

Old December 8th 03, 08:13 PM
Sharon Harper

Oh no - Hurling through the air does it for me. And it'll make you laugh
each time you hear the name.

--
Sharon From Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/index.html