OT - volunteering

Old December 30th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Default OT - volunteering

Tennessee, my adopted state, is known for its citizenry volunteering. Following
in that tradition, I hereby volunteer to taste test Nanaimos or to wear socks
and sweaters if anyone feels the urge to knit or crochet.
--
another anne, add ingers to reply
Old December 30th 08, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

anne wrote:
Tennessee, my adopted state, is known for its citizenry volunteering. Following
in that tradition, I hereby volunteer to taste test Nanaimos or to wear socks
and sweaters if anyone feels the urge to knit or crochet.

Grin - for those who don't know Nanaimo bars, here is the canonical recipe.

http://www.nanaimo.ca/EN/main/visitors/NanaimoBars.html

It sounds fiddly with the three layers, but really is a very quick and
delicious recipe. The vanilla custard powder in the second layer is
where you use the Bird's Custard.

MargW
Old December 30th 08, 07:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Linda D.

On Dec 29, 4:24*pm, MargW wrote:
anne wrote:
Tennessee, my adopted state, is known for its citizenry volunteering. Following
in that tradition, I hereby volunteer to taste test Nanaimos or to wear socks
and sweaters if anyone feels the urge to knit or crochet.

Grin - for those who don't know Nanaimo bars, here is the canonical recipe.

http://www.nanaimo.ca/EN/main/visitors/NanaimoBars.html

It sounds fiddly with the three layers, but really is a very quick and
delicious recipe. *The vanilla custard powder in the second layer is
where you use the Bird's Custard.

MargW

So funny you guys should talk about this. I live in Nanaimo! Just
the other night we were talking about how Nanaimo Bars are known all
over the world

....and I agree, they do sound fiddly, but they really are very easy to
make and delicious

take care, Linda D.

Old December 30th 08, 05:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"ellice" wrote in message
On 12/29/08 10:38 PM, "anne" wrote:

says...

I have a great friend, born the same day and year as myself who lives
in Paris, Tennessee. I am contemplating going to a bridge tournament
in Gatlinburg in April, I hear it is the most fun on the bridge
circuit. Anywhere near you ?

Gatlinburg, a tourist mecca in the Smoky Mountains, is about an hour from
me.
The natural beauty of the mountains is spectacular, even from a car.

It is gorgeous. When I worked at summer camp in the NC Mountains, on our
day off, we'd frequently just get in the car, bring some picnic - head up
the Blue Ridge Pkway. Stop in Pisgah National Forest - hang out, and then
head to Gatlinburg. Gorgeous drive, lots to photo, etc. Nothing really
thrilling in Gatlinburg - even 25 years ago it was pretty touristy. But,
we'd go anyhow, wander around. There used to be a show "Unto These Hills"
that the Cherokee did in an outdoor theater - worth seeing at least once.

Wow - making me remember my youth!

Ellice

Thanks for the memory. I was there a lot of years ago and like everyone
else found it breathtakingly beautiful.

Another thanks for jogging my memory. I've been trying forever to think of
the name of the outdoors show way up on the mountain and was blank. Now I
remember that it was called "Unto These Hills." How long do you think it
will be before I forget the name again?? lol

Lucille

Old December 30th 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mag

"Linda D." wrote in message
On Dec 29, 4:24 pm, MargW wrote:
anne wrote:
Grin - for those who don't know Nanaimo bars, here is the canonical
recipe.

http://www.nanaimo.ca/EN/main/visitors/NanaimoBars.html

MargW

So funny you guys should talk about this. I live in Nanaimo! Just
the other night we were talking about how Nanaimo Bars are known all
over the world

....and I agree, they do sound fiddly, but they really are very easy to
make and delicious

take care, Linda D.

How do you pronounce the name?
Is it na-na-i-mo or nan-aim-o