Your gifts

Old December 30th 08, 06:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
pecan[_3_]

Default Your gifts

Fran wrote:
I bought my own. I got several Heaven and Earth designs, and am
waiting on the threads I ordered to start Ink Circles Cirque des
Triangles.

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 08:31:20 -0500, anne wrote:

Did anyone get any stitching related gifts this holiday season?

I just went to the Heaven and Earth site to see what designs you may be
talking about, and there is a notice there that her husband passed away
yesterday.
Old December 30th 08, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn.Mary

pecan wrote:

I have this really strange (or so I'm told) way of knitting - I tuck the
needle under my arm. The right needle. In fact, now I come to think of
it, it may be both, but I'd have to knit something to be sure. This
means I need really long needles in order to be comfortable. I've been
complimented many times on the neatness of my knitting, and it may be
this habit that makes it so even. I also have to use one size larger
than the needles recommended in any pattern, as I kit quite tightly -
again, probably because of this habit of mine.

Catherine

It isn't that strange, it is the way I was taught to knit, as a girl in
the north of England. Everyone there used to knit that way. Although,
I tend to be a more loose knitter and usually have to use needles two
sizes smaller than the pattern recommends. When I started using circular
needles, I found I can only use them by knitting Continental fashion,
with the wool held in my left hand.

Olwyn Mary n New Orleans.
Old December 30th 08, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Tia Mary

anne wrote:
Did anyone get any stitching related gifts this holiday season?

I had sent DD a link to several things I liked at Nordic Needle and
she got me almost ALL of them!!! The best is a purple bead and silver
Kitty scissor fob and matching counting pin :-). There were also
several leather sleeves for the ends of scissors and also some of the
plastic point protectors I can use when I make my own beaded
"do-hickeys" as gifts for my friends. Ciao Meow ^;;^

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ (RCTQ Queen of Kitties)
their whiskers!
Visit my Photo albums at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary
Old December 30th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/30/08 1:04 AM, "pecan" wrote:

Fran wrote:
I bought my own. I got several Heaven and Earth designs, and am
waiting on the threads I ordered to start Ink Circles Cirque des
Triangles.

On Fri, 26 Dec 2008 08:31:20 -0500, anne wrote:

Did anyone get any stitching related gifts this holiday season?

I just went to the Heaven and Earth site to see what designs you may be
talking about, and there is a notice there that her husband passed away
yesterday.

Yikes, thanks for sharing the sad news. They were always nice to deal with.

Ellice

Got $5 gifts? Here's 3 for you....................... pretty cheap jewelry Marketplace 0 October 31st 07 04:47 PM
Gifts in a Jar [email protected] General Crafting 0 July 29th 06 04:28 PM
OT gifts for 6 yr old ??? Polly Esther Quilting 65 December 23rd 04 11:33 PM
X-mas gifts [email protected] Yarn 0 November 19th 04 05:25 PM
GIFTS! Matthew Benedict Marketplace 0 April 6th 04 07:02 AM