Christmas Greetings!

Old December 25th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Default Christmas Greetings!

Merry Christmas to all...
and to all a Good Night!

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 7/27/08 - MLI Christmas Visit

WIP: Oriental Kimono (Janlynn), MLI The Teacher (gift to
the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old December 25th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Trish Brown

Karen C - California wrote:
Merry Christmas to all...
and to all a Good Night!

Thank you Karen! And a Merry Christmas too you, too! It's all over here
in Oz and DH (bless his little soul) is doing the massive wash-up while
I sit here at the computer. It was a very hot day and the kids spent
most of it in the Ugly Sister's pool. I was very lucky this year and
received a large jigsaw of Alphonse Maria Mucha's 'Four Seasons' and a
lovely birdbath from Mum. Inside the pedestal of the birdbath was 'The
Belt' as a special gift from the Ugly Sister.

NB. The Ugly Sister and I have a long green belt which we've been
fobbing off on each other for several years now. Last Christmas, I gave
it to her in the middle of a frozen cheesecake. Then she gave it to me
buried in a tub of margarine. The onus is now on me to find a means of
getting it to her in some ingenious fashion. Look out, Ugly Sister! You
won't know what hit you! ;-

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old December 25th 08, 03:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Miller

Karen C - California wrote:
Merry Christmas to all...
and to all a Good Night!

De-lurking to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year.
All the best in 2009 from snowy Vancouver, B.C. where there's now 19.5
inches of snow in my yard.

Maureen
Old December 25th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Maureen Miller wrote:
Karen C - California wrote:
Merry Christmas to all...
and to all a Good Night!

De-lurking to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year.
All the best in 2009 from snowy Vancouver, B.C. where there's now 19.5
inches of snow in my yard.

Maureen

Merry Christmas to you, too. My sister and her kids (twin 33-year olds)
are at Whistler for Christmas. They were 12 hours delayed getting out
of Toronto (but at least they did get out). We are now wondering if
they'll be delayed getting home next Sunday because of the conditions at
Vancouver airport. If so we are going to have to delay the family
get-together.

We've got a light dusting of snow this morning, after rain yesterday. I
did mimosas and egg Benedict for breakfast. DH is doing the dishes
right now, and the turkey will go in the oven about an hour. (We're only
have breakfast and dinner today - otherwise we'll be groaning from too
much food).

The DH gave me a beautiful pair of pearl earrings set in a curve of
gold) (with tiny diamonds). These are to go with the pearl necklace he
gave me for our 35th anniversary. He also gave me Gordon Ramsey's book,
"Chef". I gave him a sweater, several motorcycle books and lots of
goodies in his stocking (magazines, ginger chocs, Fladgate Port).

Hugs to everyone,

MargW
Old December 25th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Trish Brown wrote:

NB. The Ugly Sister and I have a long green belt which we've been
fobbing off on each other for several years now. Last Christmas, I gave
it to her in the middle of a frozen cheesecake. Then she gave it to me
buried in a tub of margarine. The onus is now on me to find a means of
getting it to her in some ingenious fashion. Look out, Ugly Sister! You
won't know what hit you! ;-

Green? Coil it around in a spiral-cone, put a star on top, and tell
her it's a Christmas tree!

Old December 25th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Maureen Miller" wrote
De-lurking to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year. All
the best in 2009 from snowy Vancouver, B.C. where there's now 19.5 inches
of snow in my yard.

Hey Maureen--that snow got me a Christmas dinner invitation, as several
acquaintances cancelled flights rather than sit in Vancouver airport last
night, and another acquaintance as a result put a couple of leaves in her
dining table.
I saw Vancouver on the news last night. Oh well, happy shovelling (maybe
you should SOS Fred, who is probably more than experienced by this point in
the year)

Dawne

Old December 26th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Miller

Dawne Peterson wrote:
"Maureen Miller" wrote

De-lurking to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year. All
the best in 2009 from snowy Vancouver, B.C. where there's now 19.5 inches
of snow in my yard.

Hey Maureen--that snow got me a Christmas dinner invitation, as several
acquaintances cancelled flights rather than sit in Vancouver airport last
night, and another acquaintance as a result put a couple of leaves in her
dining table.
I saw Vancouver on the news last night. Oh well, happy shovelling (maybe
you should SOS Fred, who is probably more than experienced by this point in
the year)

Dawne

The forecast is for more snow today, then changing to rain for the
weekend. I did get some gorgeous snow pictures though that will make
incredible stitch patterns for next year's Christmas cards. Work on
this will start today by the way because I found I was so rushed for
last minute details this year. Next year I'd like to be able to sit
with my 'leisure' stitching & knitting by December 1st! And yes, I do
say this every year! lol

Maureen
Old December 26th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

"Maureen Miller" wrote
The forecast is for more snow today, then changing to rain for the
weekend. I did get some gorgeous snow pictures though that will make
incredible stitch patterns for next year's Christmas cards. Work on this
will start today by the way because I found I was so rushed for last
minute details this year. Next year I'd like to be able to sit with my
'leisure' stitching & knitting by December 1st! And yes, I do say this
every year! lol

I think there are bunches of us who make the annual vow/resolution to start
earlier next year. Good luck!
Loved the pictures on the news last night of people making snowdudes on the
beach in Vancouver.
Dawne

Old December 26th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Olwyn Mary

Maureen Miller wrote:
Dawne Peterson wrote:

"Maureen Miller" wrote

[...]

By contrast, it was so warm and sticky here that I finally had to give
in and turn on the a/c last night!! Not so much for the heat (it was
around 80F at the hottest) but because of the humidity. I wore a suit
for church Christmas Eve, and poured sweat. Christmas Day (we were on
usher duty both services, or I wouldn't have gone to both) I wore a
rayon dress in darker colors. We have had the classic New Orleans thick
fogs, which you read about in every novel set here, for the last week.
Of course, sadly, there have also been a number of traffic accidents.
Wouldn't you think people would KNOW to reduce their speed when you
literally cannot see more than 20 yards ahead?

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans