Seasonal Rant

Old December 25th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Maureen Miller

Default Seasonal Rant

Mag wrote:
I woke up this morning regretting having sent the post only
to be totally up-lifted by all the responses. Thank you all
so much!! You all have made my day!! I'll be thinking
about what has been said here through to the new year and beyond.

mag

"Mag" wrote in message

removed a depressing post.

Well, they say God moves in mysterious ways. This past June we lost our
beloved dog after 12 years, I developed a severe alergic reaction to
something within the week & landed in emerg. in anyphalactic shock and
needed to be resuscitated several times over the next two weeks until
the cause was found. After the first week DH decided he was having a
mid-life crisis and moved out, leaving our DDs to deal with the loss of
our pet & my midnight ambulance trips. I too turned to friends and we
found a support system second to none. The more you talk to people, the
more you'll see how many of them have gone through similar things.
Knowing you're not alone, or just talking to others will make it easier
as time goes on. We're always here for you.

Maureen
Old December 25th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Liz from Humbug

On Dec 24, 8:18*pm, "Mag" wrote:
I'm really sorry to post this here but I have no where else to go.
I am so lonely this time of year. *I am so lonely right now.
Tomorrow I will be 60. *My husband passed 6 years ago this
time. *Family lives in another state. *We are snowed in since
Saturday and I cannot get to church. *Forgive me for this rant.

Hi, Mag!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about the rant! It's completely understandable. Too bad
about all the snow this year. We've had more snow this December than
I remember having since we moved up here 17 years ago. DH has had to
walk half way up the driveway several times so far.

Have you seen/talked to Elaine recently? We emailed a while back but
I haven't actually seen her for months! She didn't renew her EGA
membership & that's pretty much all the socializing I do - other than
the hiking in the summertime.

Try to have a happy birthday tomorrow and a merry Christmas today.
Watch some funny videos & maybe they'll make you smile - if not
actually laugh. :-))

Stay warm!

Liz

Old December 25th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

The year of the divorce, I had to spend Christmas alone, as well as my
birthday (which fell on a holiday weekend) -- all my friends were
spending the long weekend with boyfriends and didn't want a third wheel
along.

Take the opportunity to spoil yourself. Eat a whole chocolate cake.
Take an hour-long bubble bath. Spend the day doing whatever you like best.

On both occasions, I got a ton of take-out, so I could munch all day
without cooking, and spent 15+ hours stitching on something for
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

WIP: Oriental Kimono (Janlynn), MLI The Teacher (gift to
the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old December 25th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Dawne Peterson

There are lots of people who for whatever reason cannot bring themselves to
celebrate at Christmas--nothing to apologize for. I know several Anglican
parishes in town who have Blue Christmas services, which invite the
bereaved, the alone, those who have lost jobs, who have had bad news, who
have family problems, and anyone who isn't merry, to gather and pray quietly
for peace and hope. I know one funeral home that has a non-denominational
service for people who find Christmas reminds them of those they have lost.
It says to me there are lots of people who cannot bear all the holly jolly
hype.

I am alone this Christmas too, but yesterday received a dinner invitation,
and will be able to go out (I was without my car for 2 days because two of
my tires finally gave it up because of the extreme cold weather) and be
celebratory (not the least because for the first time in several weeks the
temperature has gone above minus 20). Do whatever you can that gives you a
bit of pleasure--if I were staying home, I would dig out some DVDs and
popcorn and enjoy.

Church helps a lot for me, even if sometimes I have a tear in my eye as I
sing--I went to Christmas Eve service last night, and went to my former
parish this morning to give Christmas communion to the small group of people
who gathered. (There is always Christmas Day in the Morning celebration, so
that anyone who is travelling/visiting can meet the obligation to receive
communion at Christmas. So I am sorry you couldn't go.

I hope things are brighter in the New Year--you have friends here, so feel
okay about ranting any time. God bless us, every one.

Dawne

Old December 25th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Jangchub wrote:
On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 16:36:51 GMT, "Mag" wrote:

I woke up this morning regretting having sent the post only
to be totally up-lifted by all the responses. Thank you all
so much!! You all have made my day!! I'll be thinking
about what has been said here through to the new year and beyond.

mag

It's okay to be blue. The people around this newsgroup are very
supportive. No matter what, the bottom line is we are all the same
underneath it all. Feel good about your decision to turn it around.
You did that!
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Mag,

I have found the people on this group to be a totally supportive group
of real friends! As many know, I had a rough time for few years with a
MIL, and I would come here and vent, so that I could smile and be nice
to her. No-one wished me ill, and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than a
therapist. I have been lucky inasmuch as I have met some of the group
face-to-face, but it really makes no difference. We are all here to be
friends with each other, and help out wherever we can.

Very long and convoluted, but I am sure you know what I mean!

Hugs, and there is always a shoulder here...even some jokes to make you
giggle.

May 2009 be a better year for you.

Hugs

Gillian
Old December 26th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

On 12/24/08 11:18 PM, "Mag" wrote:

I'm really sorry to post this here but I have no where else to go.
I am so lonely this time of year. I am so lonely right now.
Tomorrow I will be 60. My husband passed 6 years ago this
time. Family lives in another state. We are snowed in since
Saturday and I cannot get to church. Forgive me for this rant.

Sorry you're feeling so lonely. I hope that you've found some comfort with
your thoughts, and phone calls. Sending a hug,

Ellice

Old December 27th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mag

Olwen Mary - what a great reference this was!!

Thank you and happy all the holidays!!

mag

"Olwyn.Mary" wrote in message
I'm really sorry to post this here but I have no where else to go.

I am so very sorry you are alone and lonely. Can you at least stay
warm, dry and fed? If so, be assured that this will get over. You say
you go to church. Remember what it says in your Bible. It says ".and
it came to pass....." It never says it came to stay. I do hope that
perhaps some kindly neighbor will come and help you to get out.

Hugs

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old December 27th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mag

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for the hugs. It seems I don't see enough
from you and it's always nice to hear what you
are up to.

mag

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
Sending you comforting hugs from across the pond.
Shirley

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk

Old December 27th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley Shone

I have not done much of anything this last year.
Been rushed in hospital three times with heart problems.
Nothing can be done about it either.
Just taking life one day at a time.
Been getting rid of my needlework, card making, quilting stash.
Still occasionally doing a bit of beadwork and quietly doing our family
history.
I shall be 73 next month.
If you want to e-mail me my address is in my SIG, line.
Hugs
Shirley

In message , Mag
writes

Old December 28th 08, 01:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Mag

Hi Liz,
My note to you keeps bouncing. I'm wondering
if all is ok with you up there? Perhaps you have
lost power. Or, I could post it here if you like.

mag

OT Seasonal Greetings Cats Quilting 10 December 22nd 06 01:36 AM
Seasonal Greetings Ray Almond Yarn 9 December 24th 05 01:59 PM
OT Seasonal Silliness.... Listpig Quilting 25 December 19th 04 05:28 PM
very OT but seasonal G.Kelly Yarn 9 December 23rd 03 03:20 PM
AD - Seasonal Lampwork.... Kandice Seeber Beads 4 November 11th 03 07:01 PM