Quilting Stencil Help

Old February 11th 07, 06:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA \(state\)

Default Quilting Stencil Help

This baby quilt is turning out to be a great deal more trouble than I'd
bargained for. Pat patiently explained how to do the back-to-front binding
thing, and I have that figured out (thank you again!). Now, I need (because
that's what the quilt says it wants) a balloon quilting stencil. I've tried
the coloring book pages, and several shops and have come up empty handed.
What I'm looking for is a 3-balloon bunch, with strings, to quilt in the
8-inch Winnie-the-Pooh print blocks. Does anyone know where I might find
such a thing, or is anyone talented enough to draw one for me? I really
want to finish this, as the baby was born last November!!! Thanks bunches,
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old February 11th 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

This baby quilt is turning out to be a great deal more trouble than I'd
bargained for. Pat patiently explained how to do the back-to-front
binding thing, and I have that figured out (thank you again!). Now, I
need (because that's what the quilt says it wants) a balloon quilting
stencil. I've tried the coloring book pages, and several shops and have
come up empty handed. What I'm looking for is a 3-balloon bunch, with
strings, to quilt in the 8-inch Winnie-the-Pooh print blocks. Does anyone
know where I might find such a thing, or is anyone talented enough to draw
one for me? I really want to finish this, as the baby was born last
November!!! Thanks bunches,

It's late now, but I've some colouring books and stuff lieing around that
I'm sure I've seen something similar, I'll look tomorrow.

Anne

Old February 11th 07, 07:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maloney Empire

Hi TerriLee,

Have a look at this website - there are three balloons together in the free
clipart.
http://www.fotosearch.com/clip-art/balloon.html
Hope they are what you want.
--
Di Maloney
Please remove 1 from email address to reply direct.
link.net...

Old February 11th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Oh wow, Di. I guess I knew that clip art was available on the net but
hadn't looked at the latest and greatest. What a fun place to visit. Thank
you, Polly

"Maloney Empire" wrote

Old February 11th 07, 02:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary

If I were you I would look around my kitchen, my coin purse, my tool
box, jewelry box, etc. and locate something of the right size and
shape to draw around for the balloons, and then free-hand the
strings. Get out some scrap paper and pencil and make some trials,
and when you get one that pleases you, draw it on your fabric with a
light pencil. I often do that when I just need something small or
simple or special. (I have a stencil of chickens and roosters,
decided to use just the rooster, and put 4 of them on a block, feet
toward the center and all facing outward. That left some rather bare
corners, so I took a quarter dollar coin and put suns in the corners,
and for the rays of the sun just used a straight edge, so each rooster
is now crowing with the rising sun. Worked perfectly!)

Old February 11th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

I often use my Microsoft Word Clip Gallery for pictures -- for appliqué especially. You can resize
them to get whatever size you need for your block.

Works great!!!

Kate in MI

Old February 11th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

I agree about paying for what you use *but* if they want people to *pay*
though ought to have made the site so that the photo's can't be saved to the
computer - on the other hand $25 for a picture is daylight robbery so if
they want more people to pay for stuff they ought to drop the prices

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)
In The Netherlands
Take out: _I love the colour_ to reply.
www.geocities.com/jessamy_thompson
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jes...pson/my_photos
I looked at that one too but it is not really be free clip art. I
have found some of my work there before and although it is free for
personal use it is not to be used without a link back to my site
unless I am asked first. Although that is not free clip art it just
means it is royalty free which means you can take it and use it anyway
you please but it has to be paid for first. Of course you can right
click on it and download it and use it but they are asking a fee for
it. I personally would not use it without paying for it, but that is
up to each individual and how their conscious feels. But on the other
hand I am web designer so I try to go by terms of use and copyrights
before I use it.

Jacqueline in KY

Old February 11th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

I agree with that also. What gets me is I have that same graphic
somewhere on a clip art CD. Not one that I paid $25.00 for either,
which means that it is good for the use needed here, and these folks
shouldn't even be selling it. My problem is my old CD's will not work
under XP so that is why I have just about quit making graphics. If I
make any now it is with photos that I have taken or with dingbats,
which just gave me another idea let me search for a balloon dingbat
and I can make balloons that can be used for stencils that way.

whilst the nice viewing programs and what not might not work under XP, you
should still be able to access the files, pop the disc in, got to my
computer and then D: (or whatever the letter is for your CD drive) and
double click, then you'll just have standard file navigation, you can
usually change to view to thumbnails, which hopefully will work for whatever
kind of file it is, then wade through to find the one you want, copy it
somewhere and open it with a different program.

Anne

Old February 11th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

There are websites with free clip art; use a search engine to search for
"free clip art". I have used some of it for my guild's newsletter. You
do have to register at some of the sites; I haven't used anything from
any of those. I have used some of it for my guild's newsletter. I try to
be aware of copyrights and intellectual property issues.

I have an old CD of clip art, too. I can get at the images, but the
program that organizes them doesn't work in XP. I have browsed the
images and saved off some of them.

Julia in MN

Jacqueline wrote:
I agree with that also. What gets me is I have that same graphic
somewhere on a clip art CD. Not one that I paid $25.00 for either,
which means that it is good for the use needed here, and these folks
shouldn't even be selling it. My problem is my old CD's will not work
under XP so that is why I have just about quit making graphics. If I
make any now it is with photos that I have taken or with dingbats,
which just gave me another idea let me search for a balloon dingbat
and I can make balloons that can be used for stencils that way.

Jacqueline in KY

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old February 11th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Make something similar, use their pic as inspiration;
don't copy, just look and be inspired.
Here's another 3-balloon formation in the middle of the
birthday banner:
http://www.rexanne.com/bday-kids.html

R/Sandy