WHAT DID I DO!

Old February 9th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Default WHAT DID I DO!

ACK I purchased 41 assorted fat quarters which came today. I am
overwhelmed! I usually go to the fabric store and pick out fabric for a
specific quilt - mostly traditional stuff. Well, here are all these fabrics,
1 fat quarter of each, and I haven't a clue.

With all the quilts that I have made I can honestly say none of them were
ever dark. I love most of the fabric but how do I work them all into a FQ
quilt?

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? Pleeeeeeeeeeease??????

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old February 9th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

well... since you asked.....

just send them to me and I will tell you what they can be used for g

--
Jessamy
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old February 9th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

What are they exactly - dark colours?

My immediate answer would be string piece them into "fabric"
to be cut into large simple blocks, make scrappy log or
half-log cabin quilts, or crazy quilts

What about some of the "classic" scrap or FQ patterns? -
YBR, Peace in the Valley, Turning Twenty, etc or this is
a favourite over here
http://www.qheartland.com/pd_12.cfm

Have fun deciding lol
--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
:
: ACK I purchased 41 assorted fat quarters which came
today. I am
: overwhelmed! I usually go to the fabric store and pick out
fabric for a
: specific quilt - mostly traditional stuff. Well, here are
all these fabrics,
: 1 fat quarter of each, and I haven't a clue.
:
: With all the quilts that I have made I can honestly say
none of them were
: ever dark. I love most of the fabric but how do I work
them all into a FQ
: quilt?
:
: Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions?
Pleeeeeeeeeeease??????
:
: --

Old February 9th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

There ya go! I knew you could get my mind working again. LOL BTW, are you
familiar with Australian fabric by Loralie Designs? My LQS is getting in
brand new stuff from Australia, and this is the first designer. All pink
stuff, great for baby and children's quilts, but I like the designs.

--

:

Old February 9th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews Moore

Well, would you like to put them all in your car and drive up toward Eustis
and we could work on this project all this week end. If it doesn't get
done, you could just leave it here for me to worry about!
Barbara in Central FL
Land of the Killer Tornadoes

Old February 9th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

I'd have a ball making a sampler with all those fabrics adding some fabrics
from my stash to lighten the darks :-)

Old February 9th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Make scrappy! Pick a design you wanted to do anyway. Sort your FQs -if you
can sort them into color groupings that are more or less the same value for
each color, that's great. Otherwise, sort into light, medium, dark. Then cut
your light, medium and dark pieces without worrying about color, just value.
Assemble the blocks, making the fabric combinations as random as possible.
You might need to buy (or shop your stash) for e.g. one light that will tie
it all together. It will be a wonderful quilt with lots of movement. And if
you don't like it, just send it to me!
Roberta in D, Queen of the Scrap Heap