New UFO

Old February 7th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default New UFO

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257SRyXmx

Why is it so easy to add to the "waiting to be quilted" folder than it is to
have a finished quilt? I think there's a chip missing in my
processor.....the quilting chip!!! It's a misnomer to call myself a
quilter..... I'm a piecer!!! My new year's resolution was to quilt more
than I piece.....I've failed already. Oh well.
KJ

Old February 7th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I have always been a piecer!

I don't even pretend to quilt anymore - thank heavens for
the local long srm quilter!! She has free run in my
stash/library/tools/threads and I get "free" quilting when I
finally get a quilt pieced! Works for both of us. She was
down on the weekend looking for fabric to make a backing -
so I should probably send her another top soon lol

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

:

Old February 7th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

Your quilts are lovely! I especially love the Whirlpool Quilts!!! Are they from a pattern? Did the
curved piecing make you crazy?

Very beautiful... all of them!

Kate in MI

Old February 7th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise

Love those colors, KJ. And, hey, you still have 10+ months left in the year
to work on the quilting part!

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old February 7th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Thanks Kate! Yes, that's a pattern from Virginia Walton and her Creative
Curves rulers.
http://www.creativecurves.com/wwhirlpool.htm
I didn't take a class from her. I bought a kit of the fabrics and pattern
at a quilt shop. I then realized I needed a special ruler for cutting.
This might have been one of the most difficult piecing projects I've ever
done. I contacted Virginia for help and she was wonderful about sending me
some hints and tips. The block could be simplified into a drunkard's path
variation, but it wouldn't look quite the same. Similar, but it wouldn't
quite hvae the pizazz of this one.
KJ

. ..

Old February 8th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Aren't you the encouraging one???!!!! LOL Yes, I still have time. Plus
I'm on a list for a longarmer for a couple in May. That will help reduce
the UFO's and the bank account! I've signed up for two longarm classes in
Paducah. No, I don't have one....no, I'm not planning to get one! But the
local quilt shop will be moving to a new location where she will have
several long arm machines for use in the store. She's going to rent time on
the machines to people who want to quilt their own tops. I'm hoping to be
ready!
KJ

Old February 8th 07, 01:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kay Ahr

Oooooh, it looks velvety! Are those rectangles instead of squares?
Love the green!

Kay Ahr in NV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old February 8th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article Besyh.1178606$084.710871@attbi_s22,
"KJ" wrote:

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257SRyXmx

Why is it so easy to add to the "waiting to be quilted" folder than it is to
have a finished quilt? I think there's a chip missing in my
processor.....the quilting chip!!! It's a misnomer to call myself a
quilter..... I'm a piecer!!! My new year's resolution was to quilt more
than I piece.....I've failed already. Oh well.
KJ

I love to quilt, but the hardest part of it for me is to decide on the
motifs I want to use. Once that's decided, I find the quilting part to
be such fun! Once of my best quilting buddies, though, is a
self-proclaimed topper and has no qualms about sending her quilts out to
be quilted. You have to do what works for you!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old February 8th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

You've really hit the nail on the head. Though I'm only an average machine
quilter, I'm usually not terribly unhappy when I'm done. It's deciding what
to do that really stumps me.
KJ

Old February 8th 07, 02:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Yes, they are rectangles. This was from a kit (fabric and pattern) I bought
at a quilt show. The vendor is the one from Davis, California that
packages the "Sweet Treats" fat quarter collections. Someone help me
remember the name of the shop. Kits are fun to do when not insprired to
make something totally creative.
KJ

oups.com...