New quilt finished

Old February 6th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default New quilt finished

As promised, Here are two pics of the newest quilt. It is an Irish
double chain. One view shows it on the bed and the other shows it in
place on the rack at the foot of the bed. There is a bolster in place,
which houses some extra pillows. That was made from leftover fabric
from the main bed quilt. It is intended to be used as a comforter even
though it is big enough to be used as a full bed quilt. No more tug of
war for the covers on those cold Ohio nights, as there is plenty of
fabric to go around. I feel exhausted and am going to take a few days
off before I start anything else.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...arhead/sewing/

John

Old February 6th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

It's great, John. Looks bright and 'clean'.
A break is a good idea, given the intensity with which you work - you've
only just finished the one on the bed! Do you have your plans ready for
the next one?
..
In message .com, John
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old February 6th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article .com,
"John" wrote:

As promised, Here are two pics of the newest quilt. It is an Irish
double chain. One view shows it on the bed and the other shows it in
place on the rack at the foot of the bed. There is a bolster in place,
which houses some extra pillows. That was made from leftover fabric
from the main bed quilt. It is intended to be used as a comforter even
though it is big enough to be used as a full bed quilt. No more tug of
war for the covers on those cold Ohio nights, as there is plenty of
fabric to go around. I feel exhausted and am going to take a few days
off before I start anything else.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...arhead/sewing/

John

*Very* nice, John! I'm amazed at the speed at which you work -- you need
time off to breathe.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old February 6th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 6, 5:24 pm, Patti wrote:
It's great, John. Looks bright and 'clean'.
A break is a good idea, given the intensity with which you work - you've
only just finished the one on the bed! Do you have your plans ready for
the next one?
.

This quilt was fun as it let me improve my point matching skills. The
only thing I have coming up is that crib quilt I mentioned in another
post. Left over fabric will have to suffice, but should be fine. I
want to do a Log Cabin but that will require a bit of fabric so I may
have to wait for a sale at You Know Who's. I think I am going to build
a quilt display rack that is based on a Shaker clothes drying rack
that I remember seeing at one of the Shaker villages. I have a pattern
in one of my books. It will accommodate 4 quilts of lap quilt size and
would be placed in the corner of our living room in an otherwise
unusable space, and provide viewing options. That's it but I am always
looking for ideas. When you are new to any game, everything is a
wonder and full of potential. I have even been eyeballing a Grace
Quilting Rack, for free motion quilting. That might prove a problem
unless it breaks down for storage when not in use. I guess I could use
it in another room if needed but I would like to keep things contained
in one space if possible.

John

Old February 6th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 6, 6:12 pm, Sandy wrote:
In article .com,
My wife has to come in and drag me away, and force me to take a break, now and then. So far it is 9 hrs straight at one setting. Probably not a record but still noteworthy. I get up in the morning, and can't wait to get into the sewing room and get going. It probably has something to do with the snow and cold which precludes riding bicycles here in Ohio. Brrrrr!

Old February 7th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Anne Rogers

that's really lovely, a pattern I've not seen before

Anne

Old February 7th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

John -- where in Ohio are you? I'm a Buckeye native -- but currently transplanted to that "unnamed
state up north". My DH is also a cyclist. He tries to get me interested... but he has been as
successful in that as I have been getting him into quilting! LOL

Kate in MI

"John" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old February 7th 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 6, 8:51 pm, "Kate G." wrote:
John -- where in Ohio are you? I'm a Buckeye native -- but currently transplanted to that "unnamed
state up north". My DH is also a cyclist. He tries to get me interested... but he has been as
successful in that as I have been getting him into quilting! LOL

I am located just to the northeast of Columbus in a small village
called Fredericktown. A place of wide streets and narrow minds. My
wife is a cyclist of sorts, in that she will ride on the bike trail
but not on the roads. The proximity of the cars unnerves her. Maybe if
you tried to get him to try something of a cycling motif on a small
quilt, he might get the bug. I sewed clothes for years for myself and
my wife so it was a logical extension to start quilting. I am just
sorry I didn't try it sooner.

John

Baby quilt finished!! Sunny Quilting 11 August 15th 06 09:10 PM
JANUARY'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 24 January 3rd 06 11:42 AM
OCTOBER'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 11 October 6th 05 04:10 PM
Star quilt math (you may want to keep) Listpig Quilting 14 August 16th 05 02:44 AM
"Refurbishing" an OLD quilt -- long story Tia Mary Quilting 0 July 17th 05 07:37 PM