Honey, I'm home!!!!

Old July 28th 03, 08:32 PM
Karen_AZ

Default Honey, I'm home!!!!

I am SO glad to be back! We had a fun week back east but my Mom turned into
Cruise Director Nazi and planned nearly the entire week. Arrrrgh! Mike and
the kids thoroughly enjoyed DC. We did a bus trip around the city and spent
hours in the Air & Space, Natural History, and American museums of the
Smithsonian. There was a gorgeous colored diamond exhibit along with the
regular gems & minerals exhibit. I don't care for diamonds but I still
drooled. I got to visit the Beadazzled store on DuPont Circle too. Small
selection (but good), large prices.

Back to plowing through email and regular mail. Travelling is fun but I love
sleeping in my own bed. The kids had a good time with their dad and a very
tearful goodbye. quiver I wish I could find a way to give them more time
together.

Oh, and my eyes are healing really well. Had my 2-week checkup today and I'm
seeing 20/25 in one eye, 20/20 in the other! My only complaint is being
extra light-sensitive sometimes, but I can deal with that.

--
KarenK
Desert Dreamer Designs

Old July 28th 03, 09:24 PM
Carol in SLC

Karen,

I'm SO glad you're home. How great that your eyes are doing so well!!! Sounds
like the trip was fun for everyone, but I imagine you have been chomping at the
bit just a little to get at the torch, LOL. You've been missed!!

Carol in SLC
My eBay auctions:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...include=0&user
id=celestialbeads&sort=3&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1
Old July 29th 03, 01:21 AM
Beadbimbo

Welcome back Karen! Sounds like a really good trip! (Ok, except for the
tearful goodbye part!)

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old July 29th 03, 05:01 AM
Christina Peterson

Welcome home.

It's not so bad to be reminded of why we are glad to be adults on our own.

My mother used to always plan things out for me and drag me to different
relatives and to things she "knew I wanted to see".

Tina

Old July 29th 03, 11:55 AM
Marisa Cappetta

Welcome back Karen, sounds like you had a great time. That's great news
about your eyes.

--
Marisa (AU)
ESBC

Old July 30th 03, 01:05 AM
Deirdre S.

Congratulations! This sounds like a really good development.

Deirdre

Old July 30th 03, 06:10 PM
Dr. Sooz

Welcome back, Karen!
~~
Sooz
-------
"Selective deafness, it's a wonderful thing." ~Kathy N-V
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html