Pin Identification - Help?

Old July 9th 04, 01:21 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Default Pin Identification - Help?

I found two really neat looking pins in som fabric I got and I would like to
buy mo
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mic...&.dnm=b3a7.jpg
anybody ever seen anything like this and where I can get them?
Could they possibly be some kind of jewelry finding?
Thanks!
Mickie

Old July 9th 04, 02:18 PM
Patti

Hullo Mickie
It did look as though it could be some kind of brooch pin. Perhaps, as
you suggested, some jewellery-making site might have them?
..
In article , ..Mickie Swall..
writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 9th 04, 02:23 PM
The Brown Family

Mickie, I think I've seen pins like that before. I think it may have been
at Michaels.

Lorraine

Old July 9th 04, 04:51 PM
Becky

Hi Mickie,

They are used in jewelry making, I have gotten them at lapidary/bead-type
shops, so you can undoubtedly get them at Michael's/Hobby Lobby Seems like
they're called "eye pins"

Becky

Old July 9th 04, 05:04 PM
..Mickie Swall..

Hmm... shouldn't the pins used in jewelry applications be flexible &
bendable? (I know my yellow-headed quilting pins bend very easily).
I tried to close the eye on one of them and it snapped off - very much
like a needle breaks - so it seems the metal is more brittle than
your usual pins.
I will just have to ask the lady that gave me the fabric it came on.
She is on vacation now, so I'll just have to be patient I guess. ;o)
Thanks!
Mickie

Old July 9th 04, 06:00 PM
Patti

Hullo Mickie
The one on which I was basing my opinion of their origin was rigid. The
'hook' that it went into had an open side so that it did not need to
bend.
..
In article , ..Mickie Swall..
writes

Old July 9th 04, 07:42 PM
Jalynne

you know...i do make jewelry, and these are unlike any eye pins I've ever seen.
Mainly that eye pins for jewelry making do not have a point at the end and are quite
a bit bigger than that. These look like the old fashioned applique pins my grandma
has.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old July 9th 04, 08:14 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Mickie, googledy-googledy-goo:
http://www.conniefox.com/Education/W...Variations.htm

F-i-l is a (hobby) jewelry maker; I've seen these around
his shop for years. Some are more flexible, some less.

Ragmop/Sandy

Old July 9th 04, 08:39 PM
Judie

...Mickie Swall.. wrote:
I found two really neat looking pins in som fabric I got and I would like to

I found these with google.

http://spacetrader.com.au/product_in...oducts_id/1517

these are towards the middle of the page, called upholstery pins (I
actually do have some of these, much longer than the ones you have

http://www.beaconfabric.com/vindex.html?cat147.htm

I also found some on jewelry craft sites, but mostly silver and gold and
priced accordingly..

HTH,

Judie in Penfield