OT now a little earthquake

Old November 2nd 03, 04:23 AM
Taria

Default OT now a little earthquake

I'm running out of nerves here. Sitting on the
couch all in and the whole place shakes. 2
little earthquakes 3.3 hit pretty close to the
house here. Me and the kitties are about
all in. Hope it was too small for the folks
in the evacuation centers to feel. I'm beginning
to wonder why I love CA.
Taria

Old November 2nd 03, 05:13 AM
QuiltShopHopper

Oh, Taria, just come on over here to Albuquerque! I have a nice guest room
and two kitties of my own. We could hit all the local quilt shops, drink
hot chocolate and love on kitty cats, all in a place where there's no
earthquakes, fleas, tornadoes, flooding, or smog...yet.

Cyndi

Old November 3rd 03, 01:10 AM
Coleen

Taria --

Please stay safe. This has to be such a hard time for you.

Love in Stitches,

Coleen

Old November 3rd 03, 03:34 AM
Butterfly

Have a magnet on Mr Friddggie that says:
I only have one nerve left
and You're on it

It has room for you until you get the rest of em back
Hugs
Butterfly

Old November 3rd 03, 11:07 PM
Dragonfly

So true, Cyndi....no smog except that layer of haze from the forest
fires in CA, CO, and a teensy one they just got control of in Ruidoso,
NM (I probably spelled that wrong!)

It only "floods" in the arroyos, and that only for an hour or so, a
few hours after it's rained somewhere else (uphill from wherever you
are). And since it's all within the banks of the arroyo, even a "flash
flood" isn't a flood in the traditional sense of the word.

Except for the wooded areas in the mountains, which were hit by the
same bark beetles that hit CA, there isn't enough fire fuel anywhere
to spread a fire beyond the house it started in (main exception: last
summer's fires in the Bosque (the woods on either bank of the Rio
Grande in Albuquerque), started by the wind, kids setting off
fireworks, and a homeless man's campfire).

No earthquakes, although there apparently were some here very, very
long ago (that was how the Sandia Mountains formed). And we have some
extinct volcanos 40 miles or so out of town. But the ground here is
solid, not in the habit of shaking every now and then just to see if
you're paying attention!

Never heard of any tornadoes here, although sometimes there is a freak
"wind shear" from a dust devil that might blow over a fence during
windy season (March-April). One of those took out a building's back
wall last spring, without disturbing the rest of the building. Very
odd and very unusual and not at all like "tornado alley" in the
midwest/south!

Fleas...hmmm. I guess that they haven't been a problem here. But there
are tons of these little ants that love to look for sugary foods. ;-)

Taria...if you do come out for a visit to avoid the
shaking/burning/etc. of California, we'll be sure to visit the more
than half-dozen LQS in the area (counting those in Santa Fe and
thereabouts!), take in some ancient history in 300+ year old
governor's mansion and old town, and thousand+ year old petroglyphs,
and generally let your nerves and the kitties' nerves calm down!

Just let Cyndi and me know if you're coming! And I'll dust off some of
my vintage sewing machines and let you pet them awhile, too. :-)

Dragonfly