A-Z of New York

Old June 15th 04, 11:12 AM
Cheryl Isaak

How about Apples? or an outline of the skyline!
Cheryl

On 6/15/04 5:00 AM, in article ,
"Kate Hare" wrote:

There are 26 letters in the alphabet but my piece will measure 6 squares x 5
squares. That means I have four exra squares( one in each corner ). I would
like these four squares to have a definate theme - could all be famous
faces, or some kind of emblem or symbol connected to NY - any ideas? It
doesn't matter what letter they start with.

Kate
-------------------
Albany Hill
www.albanyhill.com
email
to reply please remove the "no spam" from header

"Dawne Peterson" wrote in message

"Kate Hare" wrote..
It doesn't have to be just places - it can be well known people who have

strong connection with New York. Historical figures or people in the
entertainment industry. Any ideas on this?

Well then, Z could be Florenz Ziegfield, surrounded by the showgirls from
his Follies.
Dawne

Old June 15th 04, 02:10 PM
Rhiannon

"I {heart} NY" logo. Could put one letter/symbol in each corner or the
whole thing in each.

--
Brenda
"Nothing...I got nothing for sale."

Old June 15th 04, 02:53 PM
anne

Kate Hare said
Yay! I love that idea. Maybe I could have three showgirls making up the
letter "Z" - you know how they used to do all that stuff that was shot from
above where they would lie on the floor in a big circle and it would look
like a flower opening up or something...

I could be wrong but I think it was another impressario who was famous for his
'patterned' showgirls in movie extravaganzas. I think it was someone whose name
began with a B.

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old June 15th 04, 02:56 PM
anne

Kate Hare said
There are 26 letters in the alphabet but my piece will measure 6 squares x 5
squares. That means I have four exra squares( one in each corner ). I would
like these four squares to have a definate theme - could all be famous
faces, or some kind of emblem or symbol connected to NY - any ideas? It
doesn't matter what letter they start with.

How about using the leftovers? iow, what doesn't make it into the main piece
could go in the corners.
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply

Old June 15th 04, 04:44 PM
anne

Lucille said
I think the movie one was Busby Berkeley (spelling ?)

You're right. Why couldn't I remember that name sigh
--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old June 16th 04, 02:05 AM
Lucille

How can she list 5 boroughs in 4 squares?? LOLOL
Lucille

"Tara D" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:00:38 +0100, "Kate Hare"
wrote:

There are 26 letters in the alphabet but my piece will measure 6 squares

x 5
squares. That means I have four exra squares( one in each corner ). I

would
like these four squares to have a definate theme - could all be famous
faces, or some kind of emblem or symbol connected to NY - any ideas? It
doesn't matter what letter they start with.

What about listing all the Boroughs in those squares?

Tara

Old June 16th 04, 02:31 AM
Jeri

"Kate Hare" wrote in message

I'm so excited about the A-Z of New York I've decided to do another
alphabet design - this time based on the whole of the United States.
Famous historical figures, cultural icons, food, places, people
etc...keep those suggestions coming!

E could be for the Erie Canal (New York State).
http://www.eriecanal.org/system.html
When it was finished back in 1825 it opened the only trade route west of the
Appalachian Mountains.
Many people (upstate) thought it's picture should have been on the state
quarter instead of the Statue of Liberty. )
--
Jeri
"Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

Old June 16th 04, 06:34 AM
emerald

There are 26 letters in the alphabet but my piece will measure 6 squares x

5
squares. That means I have four exra squares( one in each corner ). I

would
like these four squares to have a definate theme - could all be famous
faces, or some kind of emblem or symbol connected to NY - any ideas? It
doesn't matter what letter they start with.

How about famous street signs?
Broadway,
Times Square,
Fifth Avenue,