Examplarery Samplers Online? ...

Old June 2nd 04, 01:40 PM
Linda W.

Default Examplarery Samplers Online? ...

Hello ...

I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me if there are Web
sites that show the collection of samplers from The Examplarery
(Joanne Harvey's company).

I haven't had one of her catalogues for quite some time, and I am
wondering about new designs and also what her prices are like these
days.

I'm particularly interested to know of Web sites (if there are some)
that show all of the samplers from The Examplarery.

While I'm on this subject -- I would also appreciate any
recommendations for other mail order sampler companies. I've done a
number of kits from The Examplarery and from The Scarlet Letter, but
would be interested in knowing about other companies, too.

Many thanks and happy stitching! ...

Linda W.
Old June 2nd 04, 06:05 PM
Laury Walkey

"Linda W." wrote:

Hello ...

I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me if there are Web
sites that show the collection of samplers from The Examplarery
(Joanne Harvey's company).

I haven't had one of her catalogues for quite some time, and I am
wondering about new designs and also what her prices are like these
days.

I'm particularly interested to know of Web sites (if there are some)
that show all of the samplers from The Examplarery.

While I'm on this subject -- I would also appreciate any
recommendations for other mail order sampler companies. I've done a
number of kits from The Examplarery and from The Scarlet Letter, but
would be interested in knowing about other companies, too.

Many thanks and happy stitching! ...

Linda W.

In Canada, try Traditional Stitches:
http://www.traditionalstitches.com/M... e=Examplarery
Otherwise, do a Google search on 'Examplarery' and you'll get a

number of hits.

Cheers,

--

Laury

Old June 2nd 04, 06:08 PM
CrossStitchGal

Try this site for a few:
http://www.traditionalstitches.com/M...een=CTGY&Store
_Code=TS&Category_Code=Examplarery
--
Happy Stitching!
Kathy :-)
Old June 8th 04, 03:46 PM
Boohoo1971

I spent a year trying to get one of Joanne Harvey's samplers and finally got a
kit. It was cotton and I did not like the linen with it, so I re-kitted...an
expensive process. Her chart was quite hard to follow so when I finished Loura
I said "never again" You might do a google search on The Examplarery. Joanne
Harvey is not especially good about filling orders from LNS I have heard. My
LNS waited for several years to get an order from the Charlotte show. The
store went out of business before the order was filled, so good luck. I tried
to order Loura from her with no results. Maybe you will have better luck.

I also love repro samplers. Have you tried www.theessamplaire.com I've
worked several samplers from her. The charts are quite good, a lot better than
Scarlet Letter generally, directions clear and I feel that her research on the
samplers is excellent. The service is really good. I prefer to get the charts
and kit it myself. Most of her samplers are kits, but there are a few that are
charts. She kits with Au Ver silk, but I don't really like her fabric. That
web addres looks a bit strange with the double e and s, but the site itself is
so user friendly. Happy looking, and good luck with the search for Joanne
Harvey. Boo
Old June 9th 04, 01:23 AM
Julie T in VA

Boo,
I just finished Loara myself, and found the instructions very challenging.

to the original poster (who's post I missed), Ms. Harvey is very willing to
help those who need more information (from what I am told). Several of her kits
are available at www.traditionalstitches.com (I don't work there, not even a
customer... yet). They have LOTS of repro samplers, and send a fun newsletter
every month or so...

Good Luck,
Julie
Old June 20th 04, 07:27 PM
Bea

"Boohoo1971" wrote in message
[...]

Boo, Thank you for theessamplair web address. I couldn't
find it in my bookmarks and will enjoy looking through her
site so I can spend more money. LOL!
Bea