Altered Books

Old December 15th 04, 04:34 PM
Basil

Default Altered Books

Lynniepoo2 wrote:
In article , "Cozy Home"

writes:

Hi, I just looked at some pics of the altered books, and I would

appreciate
if someone could explain the concept to me. Thanks - Cozy

The concept is simply to use the existing pages as your "blank"

pages, either
incorporating the existing text and graphics into your art, or

covering them
with your art. Every set of pages can be a different theme, or you

could create
a whole book on one theme. Pages are often glued together to create

thick
blocks to work with, others ripped out to make room for thick

additions. Which
pictures have you seen? I haven't seen many myself, and wouldn't mind

seeing
more.
Lynn aka Fence Poste
Crossing guard on the road to ruin
http://members.aol.com/fenceposte

Check out The International Society of Altered Books
http://www.alteredbookartists.com/
They have a lot of pictures and ideas for altered books.

Basil

Old January 14th 05, 08:26 PM
Dr. Sooz

~~Hi, I just looked at some pics of the altered books, and I would
appreciate
if someone could explain the concept to me. Thanks -~~~

Basically it's just artfully altering an already-printed (as opposed to
blank journal-type) book. You can paint, cut, glue, collage, bead,
stamp, staple, burn, sew......anything you want, creating a book that
has meaning for you as an artist, as a communicator, as a person with
something to express visually or otherwise.

Try Google.com -- just type in "altered book". There are many
explanations to be had there......and you'll go for a wild ride! (My
computer just crashed last month, and I lost most of my Favorite links,
so I can't send you any til I build 'em back up....)

~ Dr. Sooz

Old January 15th 05, 02:11 PM
Shell

Mindi Janosko wrote:
Can anyone discuss and/or provide web site information on the

technique
known as "Altered Books." How might one use rubber stamping

techniques
when altering books?

Here's a website that has a few samples of pictures, to get you going
and give some ideas.

http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/alteredbook.html

"Some People come into our lives and quickly go.
Some stay for awhile and leave footprints, on our hearts.
And we are never ever the same."

Old January 15th 05, 05:41 PM
Stephen

On 15 Jan 2005 06:11:57 -0800, "Shell" wrote:

Mindi Janosko wrote:
Can anyone discuss and/or provide web site information on the

technique
known as "Altered Books." How might one use rubber stamping

techniques
when altering books?

Here's another website with an excellent Altered Book Section with
articles and lots of examples...

http://drstamping.com

Scroll down the page to the RX for Altered Books link
Old January 17th 05, 09:10 PM
frenzycorner

you can find some samples at
http://www.frenzycorner.com/alteredbook/index.html
thanks,
Frenzy Corner
http://www.frenzycorner.com

AD: Stamping/cardmaking books & more cAndRaley Rubberstamps 0 November 11th 04 08:37 PM
Miniature Books Rick K Doll Houses 1 July 10th 04 05:45 AM
FA HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN BOOKS Harvey Weiss HC/DJ DorothyRose1912 Marketplace 0 November 14th 03 02:25 AM
am a newbie and lookin for some books Jasmin Polymer Clay 0 September 6th 03 06:53 AM
FAQ; Pottery Books and Journals Mishy Lowe Pottery 0 July 18th 03 06:08 AM