OT earthquake

Old September 5th 03, 02:52 AM
Dr. Sooz

Default OT earthquake

We just had a jolt. It was SO LOUD. I've never heard one like that, and I've
lived here since 1954. It sounded like someone threw a grand piano at the
floor above my head. At first I could not figure out WHAT the hell THAT was!
What THE--???? Noise and concussion like a truck hitting the building, but I'm
right here and I don't see *no*truck*. It was just one big WHAM! No shaking,
no rolling. Just a CRASH-BLAM.

I figured out what it was -- something outside my building -- when I saw this
black cat running hell-bent-for-leather down the middle of the street. Poor
cat! I could hear the idiots who live in the apartments in back of our lot
hooting drunkenly, and the lady next door to us snapping, "Shut UP!" (She
hates those guys. I don't like 'em either.)

Man! I hope that was it. I like earthquakes, myself, but I didn't like that
one. It scared the pee outta me! Epicenter -- not far from us. No wonder it
was so loud. Magnitude 4.1.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old September 5th 03, 03:05 AM
Nicole Weltch

The Epi Center was in Piedmont, CA

--

Nicole
**********************************

"Jalynne" wrote in message
ink.net...
Where was the epicenter? Dh is facinated with earthquakes and stuff.
--
Jalynne

"Dr. Sooz" wrote in message
[...]

"Those in the cheaper seats clap. The rest of you rattle your jewelry."

John
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Old September 5th 03, 03:06 AM
Kandice Seeber

Here's info on the earthquake - click the red square next to Berkeley.
http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/122-38.html
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old September 5th 03, 03:10 AM
Tink

The epicenter was 3 miles SE of Berkeley. Wow!

--

Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Sign Up Now For Fall Workshops!
Hollows, Vessels & Florals...

Old September 5th 03, 03:10 AM
starlia

Oh! I was in an earthquake that scared the bejeebers out of me. It was a
6.2 in Alaska. I know exactly what you are talking about. I've always
hated them. Give me a tornado any day. You can usually see and hear them
coming.

Starlia

Old September 5th 03, 03:13 AM
Tink

I was in Truckee many moons ago, up in the mountains, when all of a sudden
it looked as though the land below had turned liquid. It was literally
rolling like waves. Earthquakes are pretty cool, and the only real danger
lies in the failure of man-made structures. IMO, of course.

Old September 5th 03, 03:26 AM
Deirdre S.

Son of a gun! Glad you came through safely, even if it rattled you a
bit.

Deirdre

Old September 5th 03, 03:40 AM
Carol in SLC

We just had a jolt. It was SO LOUD.

{{{{{Sooz}}}}} I'll be thinking about you guys - and I sure hope there won't
be any aftershocks - at least none that you will hear or feel!!!

Carol in SLC
eBay:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...include=0&user
id=celestialbeads
JustBeads:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=5530
My jewelry (8/28): http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/hoyt1.jpg
Old September 5th 03, 03:42 AM
Dr. Sooz

I've always
hated them [earthquakes]. Give me a tornado any day. You can usually see and

hear them
coming.

Oh hell no. I usually like earthquakes. Tornados? My house was hit by one
once. Give me earthquakes any day!
~~
Sooz
-------