Ebay bidding help

Old February 10th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna

Default Ebay bidding help

Anyone remember what the program or website is called that lets you set
your max bid and it does it automatically?
Thanx
Joanna
remove quilt to reply
Old February 10th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

If you just set your highest maximum bid -- you don't need any special software or anything. It
will keep incrementally increasing your bid as needed until you hit your max.

Kate in MI

Old February 10th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I thought that just happened automatically. It does when I
bid.

Just bought some things and the winning bid was not the max
I entered, only what I needed to win.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Old February 10th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

I bet she's looking for a program that holds back the maximum bids until the
last possible second. I think there are several programs that do that. I
think one of them is called "Hammersnipe"....seems like there is a free
version that will wait until the last 15-20 seconds to place the last bid.
And then, of course, you can pay for the program that takes it down to the
last 2 seconds. I don't know what happens with multiple bidders with
similar limits! Maybe it explodes! OK, I just googled "bid sniping
programs".....you can take your pick of many!!!
KJ

Old February 10th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold

The one we use Joanna is "esnipe". Puts your bid in for you at the last few
seconds (you chose how many) You set your maximum bid and it only uses the
minimum required to win.

Old February 10th 07, 05:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Joanna

Default Ebay bidding help..update

Thanx, I found it. Ya, works a little better than ebays program. I used
ebay tonight because I forgot the sniper I used before. Well I ended up
in a bidding war with someone which only jacked up the price and I lost
three items in the meantime. Ebay puts a bid in and tries to keep you on
top no matter how much times is left. The sniper programs you can
usually set to how long before the auction ends that you want it to
enter your bid. You can still get out bidded. Or if you don't allow
enough time you can lose that way as well, I know cuz I used to buy a
lot. But it was nice to set it up and not worry until it was over.
Thanx to everyone for their responses
Joanna
remove quilt to reply

Old February 10th 07, 11:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

I try to stay away from ebay - I go wild and spend more then I should. I
have some control at my LQS (barely).

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

Old February 11th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dorothy McNutt

I wait till the last minute on the item that I want and put
the highest bid that I am willing to go. Most of the time
it works and I don't get out bidded. I have bought
a lot of stuff on ebay in the last 3 or 4 years.
dreamboat
http://.webshots.community.com/user/dreamboat116

3rd party take over Jim Moore Beads 3 January 1st 06 07:32 AM
Fool me once, shame on me, fool me by not stating things.. .shame on eBay Su/Cutworks Beads 1 January 17th 05 08:53 PM
OT Ebay fee increase makes the news Kandice Seeber Beads 3 January 17th 05 03:56 PM
AD and question: Lampwork on ebay and justbeads Tink Beads 0 July 1st 03 04:29 AM