New quilt finished

Old February 7th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Default New quilt finished

What can I say, John? Darned nice! Of course, I expected no less. grin

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"John" wrote in message
oups.com...
As promised, Here are two pics of the newest quilt. It is an Irish
double chain. One view shows it on the bed and the other shows it in
place on the rack at the foot of the bed. There is a bolster in place,
which houses some extra pillows. That was made from leftover fabric
from the main bed quilt. It is intended to be used as a comforter even
though it is big enough to be used as a full bed quilt. No more tug of
war for the covers on those cold Ohio nights, as there is plenty of
fabric to go around. I feel exhausted and am going to take a few days
off before I start anything else.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...arhead/sewing/

John

Old February 7th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Great job, but now - you need to learn how to pace yourself, and thus avoid
the necessity of taking ANY days off from quilting!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old February 7th 07, 01:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.

I'm in the same camp as your wife. In Minnesota -- they had hundreds of miles of "paved" pathways
for cyclists and walkers -- revamped railroad lines. Nice and flat --- and no cars. My DH prefers
streets (country roads). He even bought a tandem - but the first time he took me on it -- I kept
asking him to slow down. At one point we were making a turn on gravel and I kept shouting for him
to slow down. The "macho man" in him wanted to prove it was no big deal -- needless to say we
dumped the bike and my left leg and upper arm was a wonderful example of road rash.

Since then... if I go with him -- I stay on my bike (DS#3 will tandem with him). We have a nice
park nearby that we can ride a trail (but you battle the walkers who stride 3-4 abreast and get
angry when you announce your presence behind them.

I'll stick with walking and sewing.

Kate in MI

PS: Our first married years were spent as OSU students in Columbus.

--

"John" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 6, 8:51 pm, "Kate G." wrote:
John -- where in Ohio are you? I'm a Buckeye native -- but currently transplanted to that
"unnamed
state up north". My DH is also a cyclist. He tries to get me interested... but he has been as
successful in that as I have been getting him into quilting! LOL

I am located just to the northeast of Columbus in a small village
called Fredericktown. A place of wide streets and narrow minds. My
wife is a cyclist of sorts, in that she will ride on the bike trail
but not on the roads. The proximity of the cars unnerves her. Maybe if
you tried to get him to try something of a cycling motif on a small
quilt, he might get the bug. I sewed clothes for years for myself and
my wife so it was a logical extension to start quilting. I am just
sorry I didn't try it sooner.

John

Old February 7th 07, 01:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:45:47 -0600, John wrote
(in article .com):

As promised, Here are two pics of the newest quilt. It is an Irish
double chain. One view shows it on the bed and the other shows it in
place on the rack at the foot of the bed. There is a bolster in place,
which houses some extra pillows. That was made from leftover fabric
from the main bed quilt. It is intended to be used as a comforter even
though it is big enough to be used as a full bed quilt. No more tug of
war for the covers on those cold Ohio nights, as there is plenty of
fabric to go around. I feel exhausted and am going to take a few days
off before I start anything else.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...arhead/sewing/

John

nice job! I love Irish Chain quilts.

Maureen

Old February 7th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Good work! Great border!
There's something just so satisfying about Irish Chains, kind of like
textile comfort food.
Roberta in D

Old February 7th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Lovely quilt, John!! Thanks for sharing. Now perhaps you want to share how
you keep the SR so neat & tidy? Mine never looks like that. Sigh.
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old February 7th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

"John" wrote in message

oups.com...

As promised, Here are two pics of the newest quilt. It is an Irish
double chain. One view shows it on the bed and the other shows it in
place on the rack at the foot of the bed. There is a bolster in place,
which houses some extra pillows. That was made from leftover fabric
from the main bed quilt. It is intended to be used as a comforter even
though it is big enough to be used as a full bed quilt. No more tug of
war for the covers on those cold Ohio nights, as there is plenty of
fabric to go around. I feel exhausted and am going to take a few days
off before I start anything else.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...arhead/sewing/

John

Obsessive compulsion, I think.

John

Old February 8th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Feb 7, 8:23 am, "Kate G." wrote:
I'm in the same camp as your wife. In Minnesota -- they had hundreds of miles of "paved" pathways
for cyclists and walkers -- revamped railroad lines. Nice and flat --- and no cars. My DH prefers
streets (country roads). He even bought a tandem - but the first time he took me on it -- I kept
asking him to slow down. At one point we were making a turn on gravel and I kept shouting for him
to slow down. The "macho man" in him wanted to prove it was no big deal -- needless to say we
dumped the bike and my left leg and upper arm was a wonderful example of road rash.

Since then... if I go with him -- I stay on my bike (DS#3 will tandem with him). We have a nice
park nearby that we can ride a trail (but you battle the walkers who stride 3-4 abreast and get
angry when you announce your presence behind them.

I'll stick with walking and sewing.

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

PS: Our first married years were spent as OSU students in Columbus.

I actually like going with my wife on the paved bike trails
hereabouts. They provide a relaxing ride as opposed to a full on ride
that seems to be the type that is done on the roads. I think that a
Tandem is fun,(we had one for a couple of years), but should only be
used at the comfort level of the least experienced rider. They have
been the cause of more relationship breakups than any type of bike.

John

Old February 8th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

John - yet, another beautiful quilt. I can't believe how quickly you're
getting these done - no wonder you're exhausted! Very nice work - now,
go take a nap!

Patti in Seattle

Baby quilt finished!! Sunny Quilting 11 August 15th 06 09:10 PM
JANUARY'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 24 January 3rd 06 11:42 AM
OCTOBER'S BLOCKS - 2005-2006 RCTQ Block-of-the-Month (BOM) Melissa in NJ Quilting 11 October 6th 05 04:10 PM
Star quilt math (you may want to keep) Listpig Quilting 14 August 16th 05 02:44 AM
"Refurbishing" an OLD quilt -- long story Tia Mary Quilting 0 July 17th 05 07:37 PM