Bought a Grace EZ3 quilt frame but now what do I do?

Old May 4th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
no_sew_fan

Default Bought a Grace EZ3 quilt frame but now what do I do?

Fellow Quilters,

I finally indulged (rather impulsively) and purchased a Gracie EZ3
queen size quilt frame. I am in the midst of a queen size quilt that
I started hand quilting in a lap hoop. But I find that it is too
heavy and hot (living in New Orleans) to work on. So I thought, get a
frame, stick a fan under there and problems solved!

So I thought, now it is sitting in my hallway and I can't figure out
how to get started. Since I have already basted and started hand
quilting, I loaded the quilt to the back roller and the front roller.
My next question is do I got back to the middle of the quilt to
continue my work? Or do I start at the edges and work my way in?

I used to own, Pre-Katrina, a q-snap frame and I hand quilted a couple
of quilts that way, but I could just un-hoop the quilt and move it
around. I'm a little confuse how to progress here.

Thanks for helping me out.

Keerthi

Old May 4th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

My advice would be to go back to the middle and continue where you left off.
Less risk of shifting, even with lots of basting. Unless of course there was
so little quilting done before you got the frame that you wouldn't mind
picking it out if necessary!
Roberta in D

"no_sew_fan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
[...]

? Grace quilting frame YvetteMichele Quilting 2 April 5th 05 04:21 AM
Grace quilting frame Trixie Quilting 3 March 9th 05 01:25 AM
Grace Quilting Frame TMMRR Quilting 3 February 18th 05 09:53 PM
Grace A34 Quilting Frame Ray & Sharon Johnson Quilting 3 August 20th 04 05:48 AM
Grace Quilting Frame Michael Quilting 0 January 1st 04 10:14 AM