newbie coming onboard

Old September 8th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Default newbie coming onboard

Thanks, I checked it out. That particular Magicolour is made by someone
else.

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

go to this site :
http://www.fiber2yarn.com/custom/king.htm

Old September 8th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carey N.

Hope you get it!
--
Carey N in MA

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in message
Thanks! I placed a bid!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Karen,
How odd you couldn't get them up. Usually I have trouble if someone

sends
the full link, and have to type in the item number in the search box in
the
upper right-hand corner of the page. Here are the actual links, taken
while
viewing the pages just a minute ago(Friday afternoon, 4:50). Hope
these'll
work.

Best wishes,
Carey N in MA
(knitter, but not a quilter...I just noticed that someone recently

showed
up
on RCTQ also named Carey, who had been away for a while, but we're two
different people.)

Item #2900027100391

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ru=http%3 A%2

F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ff rom%3DR40%26satitle%3D2900
27100391%26fvi%3D1

Item #300024586908

http://cgi.ebay.com/CONE-DE-LUX-4-PL...TTING-WOOL_W0Q

QitemZ300024586908QQihZ020QQcategoryZ36590QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewI
tem

Item #290027100379

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ru=http%3 A%2

F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ff rom%3DR40%26satitle%3D2900
27100379%26fvi%3D1

Item #290027100357

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ru=http%3 A%2

F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ff rom%3DR40%26satitle%3D2900
27100357%26fvi%3D1

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in
message
Carey! Hello there, I recognize you! Wow, old friends, and new

friends,
this a great place. I went to eBay, and not one of those item numbers

could
be found. hmmm.........

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Hi, Karen,
I recognize you from when I lurk over on RCTQ.
Try ebay, item #290027100379, or #290027100391, or #290027100357,
#150029181431.
Sometimes various yarns show up on ebay under

Crafts\Knitting\Machines,
or
Crafts\Knitting\Yarns.

Good luck, and happy knitting.
--
Carey in MA

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote in
message
Hi, I'm new here, and as you can see, I go by the screen name of
Karen,
Queen of Squishies. First let me explain that odd title, and then I

have
question I really need your help with.

Queen of Squishies - a squishy is an envelope containing fabric or
yarn
and
it squishes when you squeeze it. These are sent to friends who

share
your
hobby, for birthday, Christmas, new baby, cheer up, get well soon,

or
no
reason at all! I dubbed myself the queen of this realm because I

have
sent
out so many of them in my ng history. I have been a member of a

quilting
ng
for about 8 years or so now.

I have been an avid crocheter since the age of 12, and no, we're not
going
into how long ago THAT was! LOL! I have taken up quilting in

recent
years,
but have never lost my love of crocheting. Last week I got the urge
again,
and started a crib blanket using a lovely Denys Brunton yard called
Magicolour. I only have one spool of it, 340g. I really love this

yarn
and
want to make the baby a sweater trimmed in it, to match the little
afghan.
I have searched and searched online and have come up with less than
nothing
by way of a place to buy more of this!

There must be SOME place in this wide world for me to buy more Denys
Brunton
Magicolour yarn! Help, help, help?? I didn't buy this one, it was

given
me, so I have no idea where to find it.

TIA,
Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old September 8th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Threnody

hesira wrote:
Yes, Karen, this is indeed an international group. I'm in south
Mississippi, USA. We have folks from the UK, Australia, Canada, the
US, Brussels, Israel, Italy, Finland....Help me out, folks, where else?

Me'n Wooly are from Texas.

And, as you know, Texas is a whole 'nother country.

(Welcome, Queen of Squishies! I'm tickled to see another crocheter on
here.)

--
Threnody

http://aff-the-fang.blogspot.com
http://totallyhooked.blogspot.com
Old September 8th 06, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Threnody

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
Looks like they have it, alright! I've emailed to see if they will ship to
the U.S. I also don't know how the conversion works out. The cost is $25
AUS.

That's $18.85 (as of today) USD. If you order much from overseas (what
knitter or crocheter doesn't, at some point?), bookmark
http://www.xe.com/ucc (The Universal Currency Converter).

Old September 9th 06, 12:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen, Queen of Squishies

What, are there a lot of knitters then? Not many crocheters?

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old September 9th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Got it, thanks!

Karen, Queen of Squishies
-----
www.PlayPianoNow.info

Old September 9th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the group!

What, are there a lot of knitters then? Not many crocheters?

I do both knitting and crocheting. There are a few other people here
who do both as well.

Leah

Our Jeanne is coming, our Jeanne is coming! Jalynne Quilting 3 June 16th 05 03:46 PM
my wholecloth is coming my Quilts of Provence is coming bdiane Quilting 2 February 10th 05 07:49 PM
Ophelia coming home blueyonder Yarn 11 July 8th 04 07:34 PM
OT Bubba Claus is coming to town! The HairyFacedOnes 'N Me Quilting 3 December 1st 03 02:53 PM
Coming to Seattle Dr. Quilter Quilting 1 July 14th 03 11:41 PM