Sunday Morning

Old September 3rd 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

Default Sunday Morning

Not much has changed here. I found a 16" bamboo circular to make my
Aran's sleeves on. I will have to change to DPNs shortly but I think
I can handle it now.

Still spinning froghair to be turned into 3-ply for a sweater (takes
forever, shouldn't as it isn't much actual wool to be spun!).

Was up with the boy a good portion of the night as he had stomach
crud. Sick children are no fun, as I'm sure most of you know

The new piano is a big hit. I ended up wedging it into my son's room
(had to yank out the recliner, but it was ready to "move on" and is
now living in somebody's college apartment), he's got headphones and
couldn't be happier.

My old cat seems to be existing in a state of permanent "who am I,
what am I doing here and where am I going" these days. She's beginning
to have trouble remembering where the box and food dishes are, so I
think her time is drawing nigh. Her arthritis is bad but the rest of
her body physically is doing OK, so I guess she has kitty Alzheimers'.
:\ Not much to be done about that except pick a time to go to the
vet, I suppose.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old September 3rd 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Wooly" wrote in message

Was up with the boy a good portion of the night as he had stomach
crud. Sick children are no fun, as I'm sure most of you know

Good morning Wooly - yes, been there done that with kids..... sending
sympathy your way and for "the boy" (smile)

The new piano is a big hit. I ended up wedging it into my son's room
(had to yank out the recliner, but it was ready to "move on" and is
now living in somebody's college apartment), he's got headphones and
couldn't be happier.

Is it one of the electronic ones? Must be, if he can play it with
headphones... less noisy for you too.

My old cat seems to be existing in a state of permanent "who am I,
what am I doing here and where am I going" these days.

Awwww, poor kitty. It's always hard to have to put your pet down. I've
cried many tears in my lifetime doing it.

Anyhow, Sunday here in Manitoba is going to be another busy day for us.
DH has a huge long weekend (Friday to Monday) and we are reroofing our
screened porch. It has been leaking like a sieve for a few years now, so we
finally scraped together the cash to buy all the stuff and off we go!
Yesterday, we removed the old shingles and tar paper and carted it off to
the dump. We have 3 rotten 4x8 sheets of chip board to replace, and managed
to get 2 done. It was a struggle removing the old, very long spiral nails.
So today, it's the one last 4x8 sheet to replace, then on to the new metal
roofing. We are hopeful the metal roofing will do a much better job, and DH
will have to re-jig some of the rafters to get it all level. We are going
to silicone all the seams too, in the hope of making the roof truly
waterproof.

I was very stiff and sore last night before bed, so had a very hot shower.
It helped, but I'm still a little stiff today. Oh, I forgot, I'm re-doing
my large perennial garden too, so yesterday dug in a silver mound, dug up,
raked and cleaned the ground around it and then put the very large chunk of
garlic chives back in. The worst part is, that a week ago I broke the
plastic handle on the garden fork, and yesterday broke the wooden handle on
the 3 prong cultivator. Grrrrr. DH put a temporary handle on the garden
fork and says he can fix the cultivator. As my sister suggested, it's time
to ask for some Lee Valley tools for Christmas. I agree. You get what you
pay for. I have 3 burgundy coloured mums and three pots of dwarf blue
fescue waiting to go back in, along with some purple coneflower, hollyhocks,
columbine, and many, many irises that are resting in temporary pots. Lots
to do.

I've been harvesting lovely fresh tomatoes: sweet 100's, which are fab for
salads, regular red tomatoes, and some lovely gold ones that are so good. I
made a fab salad last night of the red & gold tomatoes, along with goat
cheese, basil, a bit of S&P, and a touch of olive oil. Yuuummmmmmmmmmm.

No time to knit, but once the roof and gardening are done for the year,
there will be lots of time for it. Anyhow, I've blathered on quite long
enough.......... have a great weekend everyone!

Shelagh

Old September 3rd 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 15:56:14 GMT, Wooly spun a fine yarn

[...]

Awww, poor kitty, and I'm a dog person!
Hugs,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0635-4, 09/01/2006
Tested: 9/3/2006 12:37:05 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old September 3rd 06, 07:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

This weekend we are clearing a lot of over growth in our yard. Our lot
is around 100 years old, and the folks who lived here before us (at
least 40 years) were too old and sickly to keep it up. We've done a
lot over the years, but it's always a race with the volunteer oaks,
ligustrum and popcorn trees.

Took the boys for a long bike ride on the Rails to Trails. The oldest
rode about 6 miles with his dad, and the younger one rode about 4
miles, no training wheels, with me. Pretty good for a 4 year old.

I've been knitting a pair of socks for my FIL, and I need to make one
more square for the 6x6. I'm way behind. Today I'm going to knit a
little, clean a little, and probably make chicken tetrazinni for
dinner.

Wooly, I hear you on the sick kid front. Also, my sympathy for your
cat. It's so hard to watch them age.

My very best to you all,

Hesira

Old September 4th 06, 03:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

Good Monday to everyone. Sorry I missed Sunday, but as you can see, my
"real" account doesn't work from here. So I have to use Google. This
means that I will miss notes or entire threads from time to time. It
also means that I will appear to respond two or even three times to
some posts. Trust me, I respond only once - Google does the rest!

Congratulations to those who deserve it - for completing a project or
if you are celebrating a special day. Condolences to those who need it.
I hope to be here fairly regularly, but make no promises. If I am
missing, let's blame Google. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old September 4th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On 4 Sep 2006 07:16:23 -0700, Katherine spun a fine yarn

Good Monday to everyone. Sorry I missed Sunday, but as you can see, my
"real" account doesn't work from here. So I have to use Google. This
means that I will miss notes or entire threads from time to time. It
also means that I will appear to respond two or even three times to
some posts. Trust me, I respond only once - Google does the rest!

Congratulations to those who deserve it - for completing a project or
if you are celebrating a special day. Condolences to those who need it.
I hope to be here fairly regularly, but make no promises. If I am
missing, let's blame Google. g

Higs,
Katherine

Good to see you, Katherine, and hope to see more of you!
Love,
Noreen
blaming google works for me!

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0635-4, 09/01/2006
Tested: 9/4/2006 10:40:52 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old September 10th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

YarnWright wrote:

Good to see you, Katherine, and hope to see more of you!
Love,
Noreen
blaming google works for me!

LOL I really don't like using Google, but it seems to be my only option
right now. So I will get here when I can. When I can't, I'll be
thinking of you.

Higs,
Katherine

Sunday Morning Shillelagh Yarn 4 August 27th 06 09:00 PM
Good morning on this sunny Sunday Els van Dam Yarn 2 December 13th 04 11:52 AM
Sunday morning coffee Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 44 July 21st 04 03:31 AM
Good Sunday morning! Katherine Yarn 8 May 24th 04 12:17 AM
Sunday morning Maggs K Yarn 3 April 19th 04 04:10 AM