Miiiiighty quiet

Old July 21st 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

Default Miiiiighty quiet

I'm hitting the sack. I hope everyone has a peaceful Good Night,

Hesira

Old July 21st 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Wooly wrote:
I told y'all what I'm up to - who's doing what?

Oh. A friend is pg, she's having a girl (two boys on the hoof
already) and she's asked me to make girly stuff. Ugh. Pink. I'll
force myself because I love my friend, but OH how I despise pink!

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...

Wooly, it sure has been mighty quiet here.

I am working on a pair of socks for my 3 year old granddaughter, Ava.

An afghan for my pastor who is getting married in one month and a baby
afghan for a friend of ours.

I am sad to hear about my friends with health problems, you are all in
my thoughts.

I also want us all to remember our dear friends in Israel, may the soon
have peace.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old July 21st 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Els van Dam

In article , Wooly
wrote:

I told y'all what I'm up to - who's doing what?

Oh. A friend is pg, she's having a girl (two boys on the hoof
already) and she's asked me to make girly stuff. Ugh. Pink. I'll
force myself because I love my friend, but OH how I despise pink!

Wooly there are some nice pinks out there as well. I have made a great
dress from a hot pink butterfly brand yarn, 100 % cotton from Greece.
combining several shades of pink can be fun as well. Or hot pink with
orange, or bright red is lots of fun as well

Els

--
Ja for Jazz and cobra loose the rrrrrrrr
Old July 21st 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Els van Dam wrote:
In article , Wooly
wrote:

I told y'all what I'm up to - who's doing what?

Oh. A friend is pg, she's having a girl (two boys on the hoof
already) and she's asked me to make girly stuff. Ugh. Pink. I'll
force myself because I love my friend, but OH how I despise pink!

Wooly there are some nice pinks out there as well. I have made a great
dress from a hot pink butterfly brand yarn, 100 % cotton from Greece.
combining several shades of pink can be fun as well. Or hot pink with
orange, or bright red is lots of fun as well

Els

I crocheted a baby blanket zig zag pattern and single crochet in hot
pink and orange. The Mother wet bonkers over it.

I thought it was alright also.

We will have to enlighten our friend wooly on pink.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old July 21st 06, 10:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Wooly wrote:
I told y'all what I'm up to - who's doing what?

Oh. A friend is pg, she's having a girl (two boys on the hoof
already) and she's asked me to make girly stuff. Ugh. Pink. I'll
force myself because I love my friend, but OH how I despise pink!

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...

Wooly,

I really hope the group gets going.

Of course, it is summer and outdoor activities.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old July 21st 06, 10:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Moon Shyne

"Wooly" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 01:29:29 GMT, "Moon Shyne"
spewed forth :

You mention kool-aid dyed yarn, below.

My daughter perked up - can you give me a brief lesson in how you do that?

Make up one packet of Koolade (or other powdered, unsugared drink mix)
in a cup of hot water. Dip one end of a hank of yarn in the cup and
hang the yarn so it'll hang in the cup until all the dye is absorbed.
Repeat ad naus until the entire hank is dyed. That's if you want a
"space-dyed" look. For same-color-all-over use several packets of the
same flavor, make them up in water adequate to cover the item and nuke
or cook on the stove until boiling, then allow to cool.

Thank you - we'll be trying this. Sometimes, you just can't find the right
color...

:-)

Moon

Done.

+++++++++++++

Old July 21st 06, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Eastern Edge

Moon Shyne wrote:
You mention kool-aid dyed yarn, below.

My daughter perked up - can you give me a brief lesson in how you do that?

Moon

Hi Moon

I also do lots of kool-aid dyeing; I just boil the wool in a solution
of sugarless koolaid (either one, two or three packs, depending on the
colour intensity I want) until the water is clear (yup, clear). I stir
it gently to make sure the wool is always wet, unless I want a
multitonal, in which case I don't stir it and let some of the yarn
float just under the surface. You have to use 100% wool, unbleached to
get a great effect. I've used others, though; light colours, tweeds,
etc, and gotten lots of different effects.

In here are some photos of my koolaid projects:
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui..._mom/my_photos

In here are some photos of my dyed yarn:
http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/qui..._mom/my_photos

There are great sites for koolaid dyeing; just google it and tons pop
up.

Michelle

Old July 21st 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Wooly

On 21 Jul 2006 05:32:59 -0700, "Erin" spewed
forth :

Wooly wrote:
On 20 Jul 2006 17:51:46 -0700, "hesira" spewed
forth :

The good news: my hair and eyebrows will grow back.'

Um, mine didn't.

Well, I didn't need to hear that! My endo told me they will, and
while I take medical advice with a large dose of salt, this gal is
sharp and knows her stuff so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt
for now.

I really don't miss my eyebrows, but my braid is woefully thin these
days. I can't remember not carping about my hair being too long and
unruly (waist-length and almost curly) but now that it isn't it's old
self I sure do miss it.

The bad news: I'll be hypothyroid within a year (or sooner) and I hear
that's just as bad as being hyperthyroid.

No, it's not necessarily so bad. I take an artificial thyroid hormone
tablet every morning and everything is okey-dokey now (except for my
hair).

Yeah, I'll be on meds for sure. It's that whole dialling in the dose
thing that doesn't sound like much fun. Right now I'm still
hyperthyroid but I feel a lot better than I did say, in March, when my
T3 and T4 were both in the 80s (with lab standard ranges of not more
than 5, iirc). If I can maintain *this* level of mild hyperthyroidism
I think I'd be happy with it, but my doc wants me to be clinically (if
not symptomatically) hypothyroid before she starts me on replacement.

So we'll see.

Now I'm off to beat back the overgrowth at the rental house next door
(out-of-state owner pays me to "mind" the place when it's vacant),
then a shower and knitting with the girls this afternoon. I also have
to take a pair of Birks back to the shop (again) to have them rebuilt
(again) because the usual cobbler seems to have an apprentice who
can't get the uppers in the correct places on the new footbeds.

+++++++++++++

Old July 21st 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Midwest poster

"Wooly" wrote in message ..
I told y'all what I'm up to - who's doing what?

Quiet is nice at times; sure beats the occasional shouting. I've just
started a simple lace scarf using Rowan Kidsilk and size 7 bamboo needles
which need better points. What can I do to make them more pointy?

--
Jan in MN

Old July 21st 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Midwest poster" wrote in message

Quiet is nice at times; sure beats the occasional shouting. I've just
started a simple lace scarf using Rowan Kidsilk and size 7 bamboo needles
which need better points. What can I do to make them more pointy?

--
Jan in MN

Ooooooooo Jan, Kidsilk Haze is a yummy yarn. What colour??

Shelagh