Wiring/Lighting

Old May 11th 04, 02:02 AM
Carli Groven

Default Wiring/Lighting

Hi, does anyone know of a website or book (or SOMETHING) that describes in
detail (for DUMMIES like me - hehehe) how to wire a dollhouse? I have never
attempted this and would like to read up on it before jumping in. Seriously
guys, I don't even know what eyelets and brads are, let alone what to do
with them! Thanks for the help!

Carli

Old May 11th 04, 11:13 AM
havana bill & holly

There's always the Cir-Kit website... There's also a great tutorial with
diagrams at www.spminiatures.com-wiring and the Dollhouse Miniature forum
has a topic heading for electrical questions, there are several
question-answering posts. You might Google around to see what else is out
there.
"Carli Groven" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone know of a website or book how to wire a dollhouse?

Old May 11th 04, 04:08 PM
WSH

http://www.dollshouse.com/flash/demonstration.html
(Flash needed)
Otherwise, you still have the Cirkit site which I think offers an online
tutorial...

Old May 11th 04, 06:41 PM
Tammy

Hi Carli,

Have you purchased a Cir-Kit wiring kit yet? It comes with
instructions, and you don't need any previous electrical experience to
do it. Also the shop where you purchase the supplies should be able
to help you.

Tammy
http://www.tinyheirlooms.com

Old May 12th 04, 02:40 AM
Carol

"Carli Groven" wrote in message
Hi, does anyone know of a website or book (or SOMETHING) that describes in
detail (for DUMMIES like me - hehehe) how to wire a dollhouse? I have

never
attempted this and would like to read up on it before jumping in.

Seriously
guys, I don't even know what eyelets and brads are, let alone what to do
with them! Thanks for the help!

Carli

Cir-Kit has a reasonably priced booklet that is very good. I think it's
$3.50. You can order it through Cir-kit or I have several in stock. There
is also a book about dollhouse lighting that is good. Maybe your library
can get it for you once you locate the book's name.

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com

Old June 2nd 04, 03:23 PM
Paul

"Carli Groven" wrote in message ...
Hi, does anyone know of a website or book (or SOMETHING) that describes in
detail (for DUMMIES like me - hehehe) how to wire a dollhouse? I have never
attempted this and would like to read up on it before jumping in. Seriously
guys, I don't even know what eyelets and brads are, let alone what to do
with them! Thanks for the help!

Carli

We have an animated tutorial (for copper tape and socket strip
methods) which will help you light your dollhouse. Either visit
http://www.dollshouse.com and click on the "Dolls' House Kits Are
Easy" icon on the right hand side or visit this link:
http://www.dollshouse.com/asp/special.asp?special=demo.

You will need Flash player, but you've probably already got that...

Let me know if you want any further help.

Paul Evison
Web Assistant

http://www.dollshouse.com

Old June 2nd 04, 05:20 PM
Talisart

What about old fashion wiring...any info there? I can't use tape wire under
the rock sculpted walls I am planning.

om...

Old June 3rd 04, 08:59 AM
Paul

"Talisart" wrote in message news:F7nvc.612584$Pk3.366798@pd7tw1no...
What about old fashion wiring...any info there? I can't use tape wire under
the rock sculpted walls I am planning.

Would our "socket strip" method be suitable? Basically you would run a
wire from the light(s) to a bank of sockets (which then connects to
the mains). It doesn't use tape wire - 'proper'insulated wires.

For more info:
i) Visit this page http://www.dollshouse.com/asp/special.asp?special=demo.
ii)click "Enter" (you will need Flash Player installed - if you don't
want to install this you can click "Enter non-flash")
iii)click on the light bulb icon
iv)click on socket strip.

This will show what's involved with this method - I think this will
solve your problem.

If you need more help, I'll speak to one of our real experts for
you...

Paul Evison
Web Assistant

http://www.dollshouse.com
Old June 3rd 04, 11:00 AM
Carol

"Talisart" wrote in message
What about old fashion wiring...any info there? I can't use tape wire

under
the rock sculpted walls I am planning.

You can find information on wiring the old fashioned way at this website.
http://cir-kitconcepts.com/

Carol
S P Miniatures
http://www.spminiatures.com