Floss-Away brand floss bags

Old February 19th 05, 11:48 PM
Seanette Blaylock

Default Floss-Away brand floss bags

Does anyone know what type of pen will actually WRITE on these things?

Old February 19th 05, 11:49 PM
Brenda

Sharpie permanent markers will although they might require a minute or
so of drying time. I like the ultra-fine point.

--
Brenda
Old February 20th 05, 12:02 AM
Jenn Liace

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 14:48:52 -0800, Seanette Blaylock
wrote:

Does anyone know what type of pen will actually WRITE on these things?

Have you tried a Sharpie marker? That's what I usually use on
Ziplocks and on the bags for my food sealer.

Jenn L.
--
http://home.comcast.net/~sewunicorn/
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace

Current projects:
Terry's Garden (Lesa Steele Designs)
Nordic Needle Rose (Silver Lining)
Starry Night (Vincent van Gogh via Cross Stitch Collectibles)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Weight loss to date: 18.5 lbs
Old February 20th 05, 05:08 PM
Pld

I reuse my Floss-Away bags so I use a dry-erase fine or ultra-fine marker.
This works if you're not fingering the bags too much.

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
Does anyone know what type of pen will actually WRITE on these things?

Old February 21st 05, 04:15 AM
Aynthem

Seanette Blaylock wrote:

Does anyone know what type of pen will actually WRITE on these things?

I use a soft lead artist's pencil, instead of a pen. It has the benefit
of being erasable after one project is over, so I can reuse the bags
with different colors for a new project!

Back to lurking,
Melody
Old February 21st 05, 04:37 AM
Karen C - California

Had you considered putting a small piece of Scotch Magic Tape (the
frosted stuff) on the bag, and then you can write on it with a regular Bic.

Old February 21st 05, 04:49 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Karen C - California had some very interesting
things to say about Floss-Away brand floss bags:

Had you considered putting a small piece of Scotch Magic Tape (the
frosted stuff) on the bag, and then you can write on it with a regular Bic.

I did manage to unearth a Sharpie marker that did fine (for the Darice
brand floss bags, a Vis-a-Vis worked better, but that doesn't work at
all on the Floss-Aways). All I need is those two colors of Medici, and
I'll have all the fibers for that Nativity (still working on fabric
decisions). (BTW, Carla says she's been having computer troubles, but
those baby bottle covers should be in soon, which is good, given that
the clock is running on those baby gifts.)