BFNR Kandice & Sooz & OB Note

Old July 13th 04, 12:34 AM
Candace

Default BFNR Kandice & Sooz & OB Note

Right now, I'm kind of in bead shock. I've never had cause to describe myself
as "flabbergasted" but hey, there's a first time for everything right?

Just got the mail. Among the usual suspects (child support check--YAY!) were
two packages from Sooz, and a box from Kandice.

Sooz sent me some yummy looking fizzy Vitamin C drinks--which Darian is already
asking to partake of--in the first package. In the second was a beady
magazine!!!!!! three tubes of the matsunos I fell in love with (gee, I thought
I bought two *g*) and a whole slew of gorgeous poly clay beads. And a couple
lampwork bicones. We're talking some seriously large poly clay beads--and some
seriously sparkly, beautiful specimens, I might add. I was on the floor by the
time I finished (for the moment, anyways) pawing them. I can't express my
thanks adequately, so a simple thank you will have to suffice. Whoosh.

Kandice.................woman, Dh says I must owe you my soul. I nearly had
tears running down my face before I was even half done unpacking the 5 billion
packages in that box. Every freaking kind of bead must have been in there. It
would take me _at least a year_ to acquire that amount of beads on my own. I'm
overwhelmed--I don't even know where to begin. Just....wow. Thank you. Damn.

************************************************** ************************
*******************
A lot of people have thanked me for starting Orphan Beads. Even those (like
Kandice) who I figure would mostly be sellers. I just want to say thank you
for all the support everyone has given me throughout our growing pains with the
group. I also want to thank you to our members for joining--without you, there
would be no group. Just today (so far) I've had nearly ten people join.

I also want to let everyone know--apparently someone posted about the group on
an About forum. So we've had requests to join from people over there. I've
decided to go ahead and let them join, because although I originally decided to
make it directed at RCB members only, I realize now that I have no way of
knowing who is a lurker in the newsgroup.

I see it like this--as long as people are honest about following the
guidelines, who am I to say that the only financially challenged beaders belong
(and post) to RCB? Every member receives a copy of the guidelines, and every
member can come to me with any issues(preferably before a sale or trade is
made). I know there are people who can benefit from thre group, beyond those
of us here, and I would hate myself if I told some people no just because I
don't see their names cropping up in posts everyday.

So, we're growing and expanding. I will completely understand if some members
don't agree with me on this, and wish to unsub from the group. I won't hold
any grudges. Rather, I will thank you for your time spent with us in Orphan
Beads

Today, is a good day.

~Candace~
Orphan Beads Low cost and bartering for the financially challenged beader
http://snipurl.com/6s4t

Old July 13th 04, 12:44 AM
Candace

*smoochies* thank you Margie

I don't know about deserving, but appreciative I can go with!

Right now, I'm kind of in bead shock. I've never had cause to describe

myself
as "flabbergasted" but hey, there's a first time for everything right?

I can't think of a more deserving person!

--
Margie
http://www.picturetrail.com/margiek

Old July 13th 04, 01:15 AM
Kandice Seeber

I'm glad to have made someone happy today. I got a BFNR from Sooz
tooooooo!!! A huge lampwork mermaid (Mavis Smith). I love her - she is
just amazing. Ocean colors. Gorgeous flowers in her hair. I don't have
time for a pic right now, but maybe later. I love you Soooz - you are the
sweetest. Cheered me right up, that's for sure.

Candace - you deserve every bead. Orphanbeads is a wonderful project, and I
really hope everyone can make it into a success.
(((((((hugs))))))))
Back to work for me!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 13th 04, 01:51 AM
starlia

I'm glad to have made someone happy today. I got a BFNR from Sooz
tooooooo!!! A huge lampwork mermaid (Mavis Smith). I love her - she is
just amazing. Ocean colors. Gorgeous flowers in her hair. I don't have
time for a pic right now, but maybe later. I love you Soooz - you are the
sweetest. Cheered me right up, that's for sure.

Oh holy cow! I would just have passed out.

Candace - you deserve every bead. Orphanbeads is a wonderful project, and

really hope everyone can make it into a success.
(((((((hugs))))))))
Back to work for me!

I wholeheartedly agree. I couldn't imagine a more deserving person.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old July 13th 04, 04:42 AM
Jalynne

Can I tell you just how incredibly excited I am for you?? I KNOW you are going to do
well...you show such promise already. And the fact that you love this...well, that's
even better.

Hugs, Sweetie!!
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"vj" wrote in message
news
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Margie
:

]Where can I get me one of those jobs?

well, he sometimes takes on more than one student at a time.

]Really, Vicki, that is an excellent opportunity to not only learn but
]earn the tools of your chosen trade.

thanks, i think so, too!
i was working on Kalera's cab today, while he was on the phone with a
customer. when he gets done, he looks up a number, gets on the phone
- and orders a DIAMOND for $3000 to be shipped to him! he gives them
color, size, clarity - all that stuff - and they just ship it to him!

and today . . . i saw a BLACK OPAL that is absolutely DROP DEAD
GORGEOUS. and it's 3" x 1.5"!!!!!!!! multiple colors on one side -
black and green on the back. i almost lost it!

but - i'm coming up with what i think are really cool ways to use some
of my lampwork by casting the silver 'frames' for them.

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books) http://www.booksnbytes.com
newest creations: http://www.vickijean.com/new.html
-----------
and to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Old July 13th 04, 04:43 AM
Kandice Seeber

That's so cool!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

I'm glad to have made someone happy today. I got a BFNR from Sooz
tooooooo!!! A huge lampwork mermaid (Mavis Smith). I love her - she is
just amazing. Ocean colors. Gorgeous flowers in her hair. I don't

have
time for a pic right now, but maybe later. I love you Soooz - you are

the
sweetest. Cheered me right up, that's for sure.

Wow, it must be BFNR day! Manda got TWO, and is on cloud nine.
Armando the Armadillo arrived here, and is a lot less scary in real
life than when he's 6" high on the screen, I'll tell you, plus some
gorgeous pink rose beads, a wooden armadillo and assorted other
goodies from Starlia. I had purchased some yellow rose beads, and
didn't know that the pink ones were for Manda. However, she made me
read the line in the card aloud to prove it, and then immediately
claimed her beads. (I will be allowed to see them again when it is
time to make them into a necklace. How kind)

She also got a package from Merc, who seems to have inherited his
Mama's talent for making a package into a party. There were all
kinds of goodies in there, including a bag of fur from Merc to
Sophie, who promptly tried to eat the fur. Sooz made a gorgeous
beadwoven anklet in chartreuse and black, which are DD's favorite
colors of the day. I had to keep Manda from sleeping with the
anklet, on the grounds that we want to keep it in one piece.
However, I was not allowed to keep the anklet overnight to teach
myself the stitch.

Manda especially loved the fortune telling fish, which is hard to
explain, but I hadn't seen one in many years. Apparently, the fish
says she's in love, but gives no hints as to who she might be in love
with. Even Manda's Mama wasn't forgotten - I got a glorious pair of
stiletto earrings. I've been mulling getting a second piercing in my
ears, and this is probably going to push me to get it done. (I want
an ear cuff as well)

One really funny thing was that Manda kept asking me why people that
don't know her are so nice to her. I explained that they really
kinda *do* know her, and that people who do nice things for her are
making my heart happy as well. After some confirmation that making
my heart happy does not include her sharing her booty, she took it
all and put it in the Batcave. (Her room - I will not go in there)

Candace - you deserve every bead. Orphanbeads is a wonderful project,

and I
really hope everyone can make it into a success.
(((((((hugs))))))))
Back to work for me!

You deserve every bead and more. Lots of people have a hard time
getting a hobby off the gorund because it is expensive, and beading
can be more expensive than most. But you not only found a way to
help yourself, you also found a way to help a lot of other people in
the same boat. Most people would have bitched and whined, and never
thought of anyone else besides themselves. I am so proud of you.

Kathy N-V

Old July 13th 04, 05:33 AM
Jalynne

ME TOO!!!! Oops, sorry....but I meant to shout for joy!
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
.com...
On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:38:03 -0400, vj wrote
(in message ):

vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from Margie
:

Where can I get me one of those jobs?

well, he sometimes takes on more than one student at a time.

Really, Vicki, that is an excellent opportunity to not only learn but
earn the tools of your chosen trade.

thanks, i think so, too!

God, I'm so proud of you. You're changing your life from an
untenable situation to something wonderful, with little more than
brains and energy. If you've sulked or felt self-pity, you sure do a
great job of hiding it, because all I see is a woman determined to
learn and grow and make beautiful things, including a beautiful life
for herself.

Yay for VJ!

Kathy N-V

BFNR - Like a big hug Debbie B Beads 4 May 12th 04 02:17 AM
BFNR (my first!) Kandice Seeber Beads 10 September 4th 03 10:30 PM
BFNR? And other ramblings....kinda OT Kandice Seeber Beads 31 August 7th 03 08:47 PM