New Angel

Old June 22nd 04, 07:16 PM
Caryn

BTW - I think Slick Willy will be known as a middle of the road president in
50 years. GWB, below average, not the worst ever.
Cheryl

The way history sees him will depend entirely on how long the mess in Iraq
continues, how many people die because we were there, and what the final
outcome in the area is.

In 100 yrs I have a feeling neither Clinton nor GWB will be remembered in grade
school history books.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old June 22nd 04, 07:53 PM
Caryn

It happens all the time, some get caught, others don't. It just doesn't
make
the news by being publicly investigated for years at the public's expense.

But if he told the truth, there wouldn't have been the investigation.

And, in my eyes, it was a kin to statutory rape. How old was Monica - 25 at
most? The most powerful man in the world wants her? She didn't have a
chance. How could she not, she might have lost the job. It strikes me as no
different than a boss insisting his secretary service him at lunch time.

Cheryl

Given the way Bernie Ebbers f**cked his employees and stockholders financially,
I think I would have much preferred that he'd limited himself to f**king just
one secretary on his lunch hour.

Push comes to shove though, nobody died because of Clinton's lie about Monica.
The same can't be said for W's lies.

Old June 22nd 04, 08:00 PM
Caryn

In 100 yrs I have a feeling neither Clinton nor GWB will be remembered in
grade
school history books.

I don't if I'd go that far. They will be listed with all the other
presidents; even Ford will get a mention.

Well, yeah! But I meant in the actual history part of the book, not the lists
in the index! LOL

Old June 22nd 04, 08:30 PM
Caryn

Oh and BTW, those lists were in the front of my books

Cheryl

I remember they were on the inside back covers of mine! ROFL

Old June 22nd 04, 08:55 PM
Karen C - California

In article ,
(Olwynmary) writes:

the comment by Gore Vidal, who was quoted as saying "He lied about
sex, which in my day was what a gentleman was supposed to do!

Absolutely! That's why I liked going out with gentlemen. In one case, my
roommate was dating my DBF's roommate. After a year, they *still* weren't
positive whether we were or weren't.

There was a good crack on Crossfire yesterday (
www.cnn.com/transcripts) to the
effect that because none of the other charges (Whitewater, Travelgate, etc.)
could be made to stick, "you spent $80M to prove that Bill Clinton likes girls;
I could've told you that for free!"

--
Finished 5/21/04 - Fireman's Wife
WIP: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler,

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html