A sewing machine, a hug block and a husband

Old July 27th 05, 04:26 AM
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default A sewing machine, a hug block and a husband

In an effort to impress The Hunky Mr. Collins (my DDH of 7 months)with
my quilting/piecing expertise, I have been really stretching my
capabilities with the hug blocks I'm making. To save face, I keep
griping about my sewing machine as I meet frustration after
frustration. (The current hug block has a curved strip of flying geese
ala Caryl Breyer Fallert using a *plaid* for the geese and a color
gradation for the side triangles! Sheesh! I *must* be insane!) When he
commented after my umpteenth gripe, I informed him it was all his fault
I was having these troubles. Why, he asked. Cuz I'm trying to impress
you! He replied, suitably (and luckily!) that he is already
impressed. I continued to grumble about the darn sewing machine and he
chimed in with adjust the tension. That got my attention and I asked
where *that* came from? He told me when he was on active duty in the
Air Force he hung out with the parachute shop guys.... who were just
seamstresses, according to him.

Men!!!

Leslie (impatiently waiting for the men in white coats to come for me)
& The Furbabies in MO.

Old July 27th 05, 04:40 AM
Sharon Harper

But did you try it? Adjusting the tension I mean?

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (who is impressed not
only with Mr Collins but also with her own DH who has remarkable colour

oups.com...

Old July 27th 05, 04:51 AM
Polly Esther

A curved strip of plaid flying geese? Yes, my dear, you are totally insane.
Perhaps it's the heat. Maybe you'll feel better when the weather turns
cool. And, if memory serves (ah, wouldn't that be a treat?) I thought you
had a new Janome that you dearly loved. I hate to be too technical but
maybe the problem with curves is the pressure that the SM is doing on the
fabric as it goes through. My Bernie is set for some really serious mashing
down and holding tight but it is possible to have it ease up and not hang on
so tenaciously. A lot of my stitching is on Swiss batiste and the fierce
pressure setting is good for that - but not good for other needs. Hunky Mr.
sounds like he is smart enough to say all the right things. How wonderful.
Polly

Old July 27th 05, 04:40 PM
Roberta Zollner

Lord almighty, the rest of us won't dare send in hug blocks ever again!
We're just not up to these standards! I'm all in favor of challenges, but
you're making it tough for the normal sane folks.
Are you trying to persuade Mr. C that a new sewing machine might be a good
gift idea?
Roberta in D

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." schrieb im
Newsbeitrag oups.com...

Old July 27th 05, 07:40 PM
Sandy Foster

In article .com,
[...]

He sounds sweet -- he knows just what to say! But I suspect you'll have
to come up with another tactic, if you're trying for a new SM....
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education