Scrap Quilts

Old May 20th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
René

Default Scrap Quilts

Just Googled this and up popped up this book on eBay. I don't know the
seller, or anything else about it. Google can find anything!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Quilt-Book-Scrap...QQcmdZViewItem

If I could do that tiny url thing, I would have. Sorry.

René

"Mary in Rock Island IL" wrote in message
"Kate G." wrote:

Can you recommend your favorite Scrap Quilt book (we could include FQ
quilts too). Tell me why you like it.

I have a BOATLOAD of scraps and FQ's and am so NOT a scrap quilt person,
like them well enough, but have a very VERY hard time letting go and not
just let loose enough to not be "matchy-matchy".

Well done scrap quilts are beautiful... and I'd love to do a few (and
whittle down some of my stash at the same time). But I definitely need
some
ideas... and looking at some good books with lots of pretty pictures of
scrap quilts would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Look for anything by Sally Schneider. I'm working on a project out of
her book ScrapMania. On my worktable is her book Scrap Frenzy. It
also provides a nice explanation of her suggestions for how to cut up
FQs in ways that the pieces are then ready for project use.

Enjoy!

Mary

Old May 20th 07, 09:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

René wrote:
Just Googled this and up popped up this book on eBay. I don't know the
seller, or anything else about it. Google can find anything!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Quilt-Book-Scrap...QQcmdZViewItem

If I could do that tiny url thing, I would have. Sorry.

René

Tiny is at

http://tinyurl.com/

I have it bookmarked!

Your long one, shortened is

http://tinyurl.com/28wbdq

Hope this helps

--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk

Old May 23rd 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

Kate, if you have lots of scraps, have you considered Charm quilts? I've
made a few and love them; a really good quilter I knew in Minnesota did
several Charm quilts while I was there. I think the Pyramids and the one
she called Big Sister/Little Sister were my favorites.

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

"Kate G." wrote in message
. ..
Can you recommend your favorite Scrap Quilt book (we could include FQ
quilts too). Tell me why you like it.

I have a BOATLOAD of scraps and FQ's and am so NOT a scrap quilt person,
I like them well enough, but have a very VERY hard time letting go and not
just let loose enough to not be "matchy-matchy".

Well done scrap quilts are beautiful... and I'd love to do a few (and
whittle down some of my stash at the same time). But I definitely need
some ideas... and looking at some good books with lots of pretty pictures
of scrap quilts would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

--
Kate in MI