Singer, Viking, Pfaff announcement (giggle)

Old April 5th 07, 02:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska

Default Singer, Viking, Pfaff announcement (giggle)

Why all of the hostility toward Martha Stewart? I don't watch her
show or read her magazine, but what has she done to engender so much
antagonism? She's a strong, successful woman who has built a very
thriving business. Evidently lots of people like what she's doing.

I'm not trying to defend the woman. Lord knows, she doesn't need my
assistance. Just curious?

joan

Old April 5th 07, 05:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati Cook

Saw the announcement that there would be an announcement. G
Went to the web sites of both Martha and Husqvarna-Viking. Evidently it
is basically that they are acknowledging more publicly that Singer,
Pfaff and H-V are owned by the same big corp. MS is to be a
spokesperson for SVP and those are the machines that will be used on her
show. She has frequently done some sewing and, yes,quilting on her show.
And much as some people poke fun at MS, she is influential in some
areas. And may well bring more people into the sewing/quilting area.

I don't think I will go as far as to say "it's a Good Thing",BG but it
may not be all bad either.

And evidently the different brand machines will continue as they have,
promoting Brand Differences and so on. I doubt Pfaff or
Husqvarna-viking machines will be found in K-Mart or Target. I think
some of the Singers may well be.

Pati, in Phx

Kay Ahr wrote:

Yesterday I got an email announcement about watching the show for an
ANNOUNCEMENT this morning. I suppose because I have a couple of Pfaffs and
a Husqvarna serger.

I taped it. Sure enough, there it was at the top of the hour. Do you think
there might be new sewers or quilters as a result? (That should be
"sewists" not "sewers.") Maybe there will be a resurgence in sewing?

Or maybe those brands of sewing machines will now be sold in K-Mart? I'd
love to see the Pfaff Blue-Light Special!

Old April 5th 07, 06:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
René

Oh, you mean you don't already do that? LOL

"Jessamy" wrote in message
so now we are going to learn that if we use 1/2 inch leaders and 1 inch
enders we can make a mini quilt *and* make a crib quilt at the same time
as
making a king sized quilt using the same pattern as the main quilt in a
day
flat **and** she will probably show us that we can cook at 10 course meal
(in 20 minutes) in our crock pot while we do it

--
Jessamy LOL-ing
Queen of Chocolate Squishies (and Occasional Liquorice Ones)

Old April 5th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
René

I do admire her in many ways. She's got guts and tenacity and lots and lots
of money. I think what bugs people, though, is that she comes across as
being the only person who is a perfectionist in Everything and Knows
Everything. We all know that isn't possible.

Actually, I kinda liked her better when she went to prison. It showed she
was really just a woman, like the rest of us. Bad decisions, bad manners,
even bad luck. Just like most of us occasionally. Most women don't pretend
they are all-knowing, all-perfect, though. JMHO

René

ups.com...

Old April 5th 07, 08:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

I don't use leaders and enders so I make them one at a time in about 2
months G
oh and I don't go further than 2 course meals that are flung into the oven

--
Jessamy LOL-ing some more

Old April 5th 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Marthy Singer, Viking, Pfaff announcement (giggle)

Howdy!

Not hostility on my part, Joan, but wry amusement.
While I admire the woman's business acumen (I mean, for corn's sake:
many of us were already doing the homemaker, crafter, biz-manager,
artistic creator bit w/ little $ if any to show for it and she
makes millions out of selling the very idea! g), I'm not a fan
of her or her "creative stylings." As a target she's just too easy,
and sometimes I can't help aiming in her direction. ;-D

R/Sandy--who thinks the current Admin. ought to be filling a cell
rather than This Uppity Woman who beat the men at their own game

On 4/4/07 8:42 PM, in article
, "joan8904 in Bellevue

Old April 7th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

I _like_ Martha Stewart. I always have. I never felt like she was saying
that I should be ashamed if I don't do things the way she does them on her
show. I just enjoy watching her show her ideas. I've bought Martha Stewart
stuff at Kmart and online cause I like it, not cause it's MS. Most of it is
extremely practical and well made. And not terribly expensive.

Oh, and it still burns my A$$ that she went to jail for what the good ole
boys have been doing forever and getting away with. But then they're called
"Good Businessmen" and she's called a beeotch.

Cindy

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why all of the hostility toward Martha Stewart? I don't watch her
show or read her magazine, but what has she done to engender so much
antagonism? She's a strong, successful woman who has built a very
thriving business. Evidently lots of people like what she's doing.

I'm not trying to defend the woman. Lord knows, she doesn't need my
assistance. Just curious?

joan

Pfaff 2046, Bernina 153QE or the Viking 770??? help ditzy Quilting 23 June 14th 05 04:27 PM
Giggle georg Quilting 1 March 30th 05 03:43 AM
+rading viking fee+ - ques+ion for viking owners DrQuilter Quilting 28 November 16th 04 01:35 PM
Vintage Singer OT More singer advice needed Pat in Virginia Quilting 1 December 9th 03 12:41 PM