OT Good thoughts Please

Old August 29th 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default OT Good thoughts Please

Courtney is improved amazingly.
They actually let her get out of bed and take her moniters for a walk
to the nurse's station and back, and she didn't fall down or anything.
The doctors are well pleased.
The fever is reduced and under control, and since she is much clearer
of mind they think she will have a complete mental recovery. They
feel she is enough improved to start some gentle physical therapy to
start countering the physical effects of the stroke as well.
They are treading a bit of a fine line with it, but they say the more
they can do before the heart surgery the better for her in the long
run as she will probably be abed for a good bit after the operation.

The good wishes of all have been much appreciated.

The comjure, hoodoo, and vaudon folk have been busy as well. The child
has been hung about with charms, sprinkled with all manner of
uncrossing remedies, and loaded down with blue. Mama now has a bottle
tree in the yard, and I am making a blue star quilt for the youngster.
Betwixt the good wishing and the working to keep the bad off, this
girl can't help but get better!

NightMist
--
I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?
Old August 29th 07, 08:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

That's so good to hear, Nightmist. Aren't children amazing!
..
In message , NightMist
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 29th 07, 09:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

NightMist wrote:
Courtney is improved amazingly.
They actually let her get out of bed and take her moniters for a walk
to the nurse's station and back, and she didn't fall down or anything.
The doctors are well pleased.
The fever is reduced and under control, and since she is much clearer
of mind they think she will have a complete mental recovery. They
feel she is enough improved to start some gentle physical therapy to
start countering the physical effects of the stroke as well.
They are treading a bit of a fine line with it, but they say the more
they can do before the heart surgery the better for her in the long
run as she will probably be abed for a good bit after the operation.

Oh, that's good to hear. Best wishes to her for a full and sopeedy
recovery.

The good wishes of all have been much appreciated.

The comjure, hoodoo, and vaudon folk have been busy as well. The child
has been hung about with charms, sprinkled with all manner of
uncrossing remedies, and loaded down with blue. Mama now has a bottle
tree in the yard, and I am making a blue star quilt for the youngster.
Betwixt the good wishing and the working to keep the bad off, this
girl can't help but get better!

Now I may not agree with all that stuff (I ain't saying either way!
), but it sounds like fun! And all that positive energy cannot help but
improve things!

Could you tell me about the bottle tree? That sounds intriguing...

NightMist

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old August 29th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
(NightMist) wrote:

[...]

Wonderful news! I hope she continues to improve -- and quickly!

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sfoster 1 (at) earthlink (dot) net (remove/change the obvious)
Old August 29th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:45:01 +0100, Kate XXXXXX
wrote:

NightMist wrote:

and loaded down with blue. Mama now has a bottle
tree in the yard, and I am making a blue star quilt for the youngster.
Betwixt the good wishing and the working to keep the bad off, this
girl can't help but get better!

Now I may not agree with all that stuff (I ain't saying either way!
), but it sounds like fun! And all that positive energy cannot help but
improve things!

Could you tell me about the bottle tree? That sounds intriguing...

Sure.

Bad spirits and suchlike are facinated by shiny things, compelled (as
in obsessive compulsive disorder) to follow mazes or figure out
patterns, and count things. So circles and spheres can keep them
going nigh unto forever.

A bottle tree is aught but a tree or shrub that has bottles thrust
into and about the branches. Some people go to the trouble of hanging
them like christmas tree ornaments, some don't.
A bottle tree will catch bad spirits out in your yard before they get
anywhere near your house. They will follow the circle and get caught
in the bottle.
The color blue is magic against all things evil. That is why some
folk paint their doors blue and suchlike. I myself have a blue glass
fisher float in my window and wear an ancient turquoise bead around my
neck. So blue bottles are favored. Milk of Magnesia used to come in
cobalt blue glass bottles, and those were a favorite for bottle trees
for years. Now days I have known people to fill clear bottles with
water colored with indigo (indigo has magic all its own) to get blue
spirit catching bottles, though the color doesn't come well unless you
fuss(1). One of my aunts filled a bunch of fancy Avon bottles with
colored water of all kinds and tucked them about in a shrub. That was
a bottle tree that caught people as well as any badness floatng about!
(G)

And finally, yes pieced quilts are a magic of that order. Particularly
endless patterns, patterns with circles or spirals, scrappy, and crazy
quilts.

NightMist
(1) natural indigo prepped for dye needs to be exposed to oxygen
before you get a good blue out of it. So you get a rather weak blue,
sometimes even green, while it is still fluid.

Old August 30th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
witchystitcher

So glad to hear this.
Linda
PATCHogue, NY

Old August 30th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Glad to hear. Hopefully the eclipse will be in good aspect for
her. That would be a big help. I don't know or get into the
stuff you mention but whatever 'floats your boat' and improves
her health is ok with me.
Nothing scarier than a sick child. Hugs to her and the family.
Taria

Old August 30th 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Interesting! I wonder if this has anything to do with the Bavarian custom of
"rose balls". Nearly every garden in the region has at least one shiny glass
ball, looks like a Christmas ornament on steroids, stuck on a pole amid the
plants. And every person I ask gives me a different explanation for the
origin of the custom or why they think they need them. Trying to blend in -I
have a large violet ball, an emerald green frog, and a blue pottery bird.