WIP - my first bed sized quilt!

Old October 10th 04, 10:08 PM
muse9

Default WIP - my first bed sized quilt!

I am making two I Spy quilts - one for each grandchild and I finally have
the first one all pieced except for the borders! It is twin size and just
the second quilt I've ever made. Yes, it still is a WIP but I finally have
the 108 four inch squares sewn together with sashings. I'm using one of the
patterns from the Ami Simms Picture Play book. I have two of each fussy cut
square so that the kids can play match games in addition to I Spy games with
it. When I was arranging the squares on my design wall my DH kept coming in
and trying to match up all the pictures! Maybe I should make him an I Spy
quilt too!

This will be my first attempt in sewing on borders as I did not use them in
my first small quilt. I am also curious how the machine quilting progress
will go when I do get the layers all put together as this will be the
largest top I have tried to quilt on my machine. But I love learning new
things!

I have pics of the top minus borders and also a picture of the border
fabrics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/198414237nLzCdf

Everyone here has been so helpful to me in learning and keeping up on this
wonderful new hobby of mine! Thanks to all of you!

Bonnie

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnied9

delete "removespam" to reply

Old October 10th 04, 10:18 PM
Pam

I have pics of the top minus borders and also a picture of the border
fabrics:

http://community.webshots.com/album/198414237nLzCdf

Absolutely gorgeous. So colorful!

Pam
Old October 10th 04, 10:25 PM
Patti

Oh Bonnie, that is beautiful.
It's so bright and cheerful and busy. You've done the sashing and
cornerstones very well - looks great.
Your grandson is going to be thrilled to bits.
..
In article , muse9
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old October 10th 04, 10:26 PM
A&T

Oh, what fun that will be. It's terrific. Good job. The grandkids will love
it.

Tricia
http://photos.yahoo.com/momiixii

Old October 10th 04, 10:55 PM
Donna

Bonnie,
It looks great! I have that book and looking at yours really makes me want
to get serious about getting my I Spy squares ready!! The grandkids will
love them.
Donna

Old October 10th 04, 11:00 PM
muse9

Thanks Tricia! I think I Spy quilts are a lot of fun and I've had a great
time working on this one.

By the way, I love your Storm at Sea quilt! Someday I hope to make one of
those.

Bonnie

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnied9

ink.net...

Old October 10th 04, 11:02 PM
Flossy

What a beautiful I Spy. Congratulations on a 'nearly finished'
Flossy
Malvern England
***** Queen of Plaids ******
http://www.flossy.net