Karen's Thoughts

Old March 12th 04, 01:12 AM
Karen C - California

Default Karen's Thoughts

While others have been getting worked up over RCTN, Karen has been stitching.

On ArtVentures' "Fireman's Prayer", which is a hand-drawn chart, right under
the shield there are two blue stitches. They don't look right. I think they
should be red. One symbol is a checkmark and the other is a ^ .... close but
no cigar.

Well, I guess we'll be able to tell Robert & Kerry's gift from Andy & Mandy's
gift. The June bride gets the one with the oopsie, and the September
anniversary gets the corrected version.

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Fireman's Prayer, Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old March 12th 04, 02:27 AM
Paula Hubert-Vooght

While it's good to see that she's actually been stitching and can make an
on-topic post, it would also seem from the new subject lines that she's also
been reading and has had a nerve struck...
Old March 12th 04, 03:01 AM
Karen C - California

In article ,
pamfree (Paula Hubert-Vooght) writes:

it would also seem from the new subject lines that she's also
been reading and has had a nerve struck...

As my college roommate used to say, "if you're going to be accused of doing it,
you might as well actually do it". So, if I'm going to be accused (as whoever
Dianne quoted did) of making every thread all about Karen, let's do it, and
I'll start.

But, as I said, that thread which I was *accused* of having turned into All
About Karen, had *one* post from me about Karen. One post, by itself, is not
enough to achieve what I was claimed to have the power to do single-handedly.

The change in direction was achieved by a tidal wave from other sources.
Apparently, all the people who hate having to talk about nothing but Karen, had
nothing better to do yesterday than talk about Karen ... while Karen was
arguing with her insurance company, e-mailing her lawyer a newly-discovered
medical journal article, chatting on the phone with Deb, putting together an
Easter package to the troops in Iraq, and not contributing to that thread at
all.

It's painfully obvious which members of this group are fixated on Karen to the
exclusion of all else. When I googled to discover whether there was any truth
to the claim that *I* steer all threads toward All About Karen, I found out who
was doing all the talking about Karen. I'm sorry if they don't like what they
see on google about who was posting All Karen, All The Time, but the truth is
out about who got hold of that topic and wouldn't let go.

This morning, while they were continuing a discussion I wasn't a part of, I was
pulling floss for a new project, taking the Easter package to the post office,
and reading Sports Illustrated. Now, who's the bulldog with a death-grip on
the topic, and who's off doing more interesting things than talking about
Karen?

Statistics on google prove that once I got what was troubling me off my chest,
I dropped the subject and went on to CATS, and cats, and stupid husband tricks.
I apologize if the truth hurts, but the truth is that the thread became All
About Karen through someone else's doing, while I was nowhere near the
computer.

If people want to continue to accuse me of talking about nothing but Karen, let
them check their facts first. Let them quote statistics on how many posts in a
thread google says I made versus how many posts were made attacking me. Let
them quote statistics on what percentage of my posts in any given month were
about me, versus about the topic at hand. I think they will find that their
*perception* is far different than the statistical reality.

And if they find the reality too hard to take, they're welcome to use their
killfiles. I'm not that thin-skinned that I take it personally when someone
ignores me. Those of us who have good self-esteem dismiss that as "their
loss".

Old March 12th 04, 04:33 AM
Karen C - California

Correction:

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about things, small minds
talk about other people."
-- Ann
Landers

Old March 12th 04, 05:08 AM
Dawne Peterson

"Karen C - California" wrote
"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about things, small

minds
talk about other people."

And if you share your ideas about other people's things????
Dawne

Old March 12th 04, 05:24 AM
Texasxsgal1

Or as Fran Lebowitz said, " Small minds talk about wine.

hmmmm maybe that should be "small minds talk about whineLOLOL
a general statment
I am not talking about anyone here on this board
kathy
san antonio
Old March 12th 04, 05:26 AM
Karen C - California

In article , "Dawne Peterson"
writes:

And if you share your ideas about other people's things????

Well, that would depend on what sort of ideas you were having about what sort
of things. leer There's some ideas that would definitely fall into the
low-brow category. drool

OTOH, if you had an idea of how to improve someone else's thing into a new
more-efficient invention, that would be a pretty intelligent thought.
(Obviously does not include ideas for how to shove someone else's thing up
their nose......)

Old March 12th 04, 06:01 AM
Karen C - California

In article , "Patricia Rogers"
writes:

Or as Fran Lebowitz said, " Small minds talk about wine."

Oh, Sheeeeeeeeeeeeena!

Finished off a nice bottle of beaujolais tonight. Would've been better with
some havarti, but I ran out. (Note to self: Add both beau and cheese to
shopping list.)

Thoughts and Prayers Debbie B Beads 1 March 20th 04 11:19 PM
Prayers and thoughts needed EL Beads 14 September 18th 03 09:33 PM
More good thoughts needed saucy Beads 3 August 8th 03 10:18 PM