Frozen ckay

Old February 1st 05, 05:16 AM
J R Lawson

Default Frozen ckay

Had 50 lbs of Laguna cone 5 freeze on me. When it thawed there is excess
moisture in the bags. like I could pour it out. Need help/answers. Where
did all the water come from? Is it still good? What do I do with the
excess water?

Thanks in advance

Old February 1st 05, 06:30 AM
jwinds

As a college student, i tend to carry alot of clay around in my car,
due to making work at school and at my home. During the cold months my
clay also freezes occasionally. All you have to do is re-wedge it
really well so it gets consistent throughout. Worked fine for me after
doing so.

Old February 1st 05, 07:54 AM
Steve Mills

Don't chuck the loose water away; you'll need to re-mix it with the
clay. I mop it up with old towels and then wrap them around the clay and
leave for a week or two inside the original bags before re-wedging. That
works for me.

Steve
Bath
UK