back from the Gathering

Old August 13th 03, 09:01 PM
Kandice Seeber

Next August.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs
http://www.lampwork.net

When is it? I'd love to get the chance to meet some of you F2F.

Deirdre

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 15:24:05 GMT, "S. B."
wrote:

In article , "Kandice
Seeber" wrote:

I'm so jealous! But I will see you in Portland.

Ditto! I'm coming to Portland next yeat come hell or high water. What
fun!

Susan in Canada

Old August 13th 03, 09:04 PM
Deirdre S.

Excellent. Please keep me posted, since this seems like an opportunity
made in heaven for several of us to get together to gab and drool.

Deirdre

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:01:32 GMT, "Kandice Seeber"
wrote:

Next August.

Old August 16th 03, 04:23 AM
Beadseeker

was fun! It's weird being asked for your
autograph, isn't it?

Sooz, it is weird, but I have to confess that I loved it!
Patti

Old August 22nd 03, 06:07 PM
Kalera Stratton

In article ,
Deirdre S. wrote:

Excellent. Please keep me posted, since this seems like an opportunity
made in heaven for several of us to get together to gab and drool.

Deirdre

I'm sensing a pizza 'n' beads dinner...

Speaking of beads, I have been avoiding actually making anything out of
my beads for years... short of hanging them on a cord, I just leave them
alone. Well, I have a friend who really wanted a gift for his mom, and
he really liked one of my sets, and she really likes bracelets, and I
really love this friend, so... before long I somehow found myself
promising to make a bracelet. $60 in Swarovski, Bali, and assorted
supplies later, I have a bracelet and a matching pair of earrings, and
guess what? I LOVE it! I didn't make a penny (lost some money, in fact)
but my friend gets a killer gift for his mom, and I have a NEW HOBBY.
Yippee!

Thanks to reading this group, getting started was really easy... I
thought I wasn't paying attention to the posts about stringing beads,
but it was soaking in after all. Thanks guys!

--
-Kalera
Mom of Juliet, 5, Sam, 3, and Ophelia, born 5/31/03
See us at www.strattonhome.org
Old August 22nd 03, 06:25 PM
Deirdre S.

I second the motion...

Deirdre

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:57:19 GMT, Kalera Stratton
wrote:

We should have an RCB get-together if a bunch of people here go to the
Gathering next year!

Old August 22nd 03, 06:32 PM
Deirdre S.

It's amazing how many people who turn up here saying "I do A, B and C
-- but I don't do X" eventually wind up trying X and liking it a lot,
and being thrilled with the results.

Take Tink's award-winning necklace, for example. Not bad for someone
who 'doesn't do stringing'...

Deirdre

Old August 22nd 03, 08:32 PM
Dr. Sooz

Wow -- how KEWL. I love it. Wish we could see the piece you made. :-(

Well, I have a friend who really wanted a gift for his mom, and
he really liked one of my sets, and she really likes bracelets, and I
really love this friend, so... before long I somehow found myself
promising to make a bracelet. $60 in Swarovski, Bali, and assorted
supplies later, I have a bracelet and a matching pair of earrings, and
guess what? I LOVE it! I didn't make a penny (lost some money, in fact)
but my friend gets a killer gift for his mom, and I have a NEW HOBBY.
Yippee!

~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A through Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html
Old August 22nd 03, 09:25 PM
Dr. Sooz

Yeah -- and it's a bigger show than ever this year. 150 vendors, approx., and
2 days. (3 if you count classes.)
http://www.beadextravaganza.com/

It looks like we'll be doing that for the BABE show in Nov in the Bay Area
(CA)

We should have an RCB get-together if a bunch of people here go to the
Gathering next year!

~~
Sooz
-------
Let the beauty we love be what we do. --Rumi
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A through Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

OT I am back from my honeymooooon Dr. Sooz Beads 1 August 4th 03 04:02 AM
I am back Dr. Sooz Beads 14 August 4th 03 02:16 AM
Gotta go back to work saucy Beads 1 August 1st 03 10:37 PM
I'm Back! AND show and tell! Beadbimbo Beads 26 July 31st 03 03:45 PM
I'm back! Sjpolyclay Beads 25 July 7th 03 05:42 PM