Apology

Old March 13th 04, 08:35 PM
Threaded

Default Apology

Apparently my posting concerning a specific company and a specific product
offended someone (maybe not this group), and they reported it as spam, and
my newserver was blocked, until we questioned them.

That wasn't the intent. I'm sorry if it was taken for that. I just thought
that other needlework and quilting enthusiasts would appreciate the info on
cheaper materials.

Guess I was wrong. Since I rarely check the marketplace site, I was
wondering if the majority are that way, too, or if I should just suppress my
generous nature and only post there.

Opinions will be appreciated, and considered.

Eva in Sunny Kent, WA, US

Old March 14th 04, 03:19 AM
Rhiannon

I've googled back on ya, Eva, and I'm not seeing any problems. I think
I may know which post you are talking about and it wasn't spam since I'm
rather certain you are not affiliated with the company/products
mentioned in that post (other than being a pleased customer). Since you
weren't posting about anything you were attempting to sell, it wasn't
necessary for you to take it only to rctm. You didn't cross-post that
item by chance? Some ISP's will automatically block cross-posters to
avoid complaints.

I just think you an a big ol' enabler! :-)

--
Brenda
"Sometimes I'd sit and gaze for days through sleepless dreams all alone

Old March 15th 04, 02:07 AM

And the good Lord, or the higher being, protect us if we can't enable. I
sometimes come across something I like to share with others and would surely
not like it to be considered SPAM. As much as some of us might disagree on
this NG I can't really believe someone would report something that was not
obviously SPAM as SPAM unless they just got out of bed of the wrong side in
the morning or had just come from a long session of Frogging... Please,
Please don't stop "enabling" BTW I hear this other NG mentioned about
where to go for, I guess, selling items, etc. What exactly is it? AND
what's it really for...????

Marc (who apolgizes for being so dumb on this matter)

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/needlemania

http://www.cyberstitchers.com/Galler...=1065918331265

Old March 15th 04, 05:12 AM
Threaded

Thank you Marc and Brenda -

Yes, unfortunately I did cross-post. Thanks for letting me know that's
probably what happened when we couldn't use the newsgroups for
awhile, except they said someone complained.

So, from now on, I'm going to specifically put in the Subject, Stash
Enabling. Maybe that will get the point across.

Anyway, Marc (there are NO dumb questions, so stop apologizing),
the place where ads are supposed to go are another newsgroup:
rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace, or when you read in the posts here,
RCTM. People who sell almost anything post there, even if it doesn't
pertain to textiles.

So I've learned sort of a lesson. Only post in one forum - here most
likely,
since my quilting is more or less primitive, and sewing only to mend and try
to actually finish my ornies, and make pillows from all the lovely dragonfly
patterned material I have.

Have a good one, ya'll.

Eva in Kent, WA, US

Threaded wrote:
Apparently my posting concerning a specific company and a specific

product offended someone (maybe not this group), and they reported it as

spam,
and my newserver was blocked, until we questioned them.

That wasn't the intent. I'm sorry if it was taken for that. I just

thought
that other needlework and quilting enthusiasts would appreciate the

info
on cheaper materials.

Guess I was wrong. Since I rarely check the marketplace site, I was
wondering if the majority are that way, too, or if I should just

suppress my generous nature and only post there.

Eva